Sister (Daughter of Mortis)

Start from the beginning

You smiled brightly and grabbed Elpída's hand lovingly, "Follow me. I'll show you."

You lead her into yours and Nephal's room, which was adorned with trophies from important portions of your lives. You lead her to your bed and placed your hands underneath it; pulling out an old-looking box, "I will be giving you my first blaster. It's from all the way back in the Clone Wars. Treat it with care."

Your daughter gawked as you pulled it from the box. It was a small yet sturdy blaster that didn't look as old as it was. The girl bounced it in her hand and smiled up at you, "Thanks, Daddy. It's perfect."

You grinned and ruffled her hair once more, "Alright, enough of that. Let's go get dinner."

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

The woods were remarkably quiet. Clive and Flash both were equally as quiet; scanning the area for any signs of life. There was tons around, so the Droids really had to concentrate to make sure the targets are correct,
"Ahead," Clive whispered while grabbing your shoulder, "It is a female. My calculations say that females are far more aggressive than the males at this time because it's mating season. We should proceed with caution."

You placed your hand protectively onto Elpída's shoulder; beginning to regret taking your little girl out here into danger. But, your speech you had given her earlier was true— she had to know how to hunt and protect Joseph if anything happened to either yourself or Nephal. She was head of house behind the two of her parents,
"Let's bring it home for dinner, boys," you smiled towards Flash and Clive, "Clean kill, please. Nephal hates it when I get home covered in blood and guts."

"We will do our best, sir," Clive responded. You were very grateful that Clive and Flash alike had stopped calling you 'Commander.' It took them so many years to get that greeting out of their mind. You weren't a Commander anymore— you were just a man with his family that would do anything to protect them.

Elpída slunk behind you, and she clenched your blaster tightly in her little fist. She was a determined little girl, but she wasn't stupid. She knew this was intimidating and very scary, but she also had your strength to never back down,
"What's the plan?" she asked.

You motioned towards Clive and Flash, "They will gather the Rancor's attention by running out. They need to get noticed so you and I can get the kill."

"Won't that put them in danger?" Elpída asked in a worried way, "I don't want anything to happen to them!"

"It's a risk we must take. We have fought much worst in our time," Flash answered while looking down at Elpída, "Clive and I kill Rancor all the time for your dinner table. This is nothing."

You bent down and pressed a kiss to your daughter's forehead, "They're smart Droids. If they didn't believe success was possible, they wouldn't allow us to try. Trust them."

"I do, Daddy," she answered while gripping the blaster, "I'm ready when you guys are."

You grabbed the sniper rifle and placed Elpída onto your back. The plan was to have Clive and Flash distract the Rancor while you and your daughter climb this tree. From up there, you both wouldn't be noticed, and it would be hard for the Rancor to even notice the two of you thanks to the Commando Droids. From there, you'd snipe the Rancor and it would be all over. Easy as that.