7

3rd Person.

After the helicopter landed back at the base, Johnny was immediately bought to the medical wing, y/n has visited him a few times since then. 

Ghost and y/n weren't seriously hurt, a few bruises and smaller cuts covering their body. Ghost made it out of the helicopter on time, being bought back to base a day later. He was trying his best to help the others find y/n and Johnny, unsure if they are still alive or already stone-cold. He was relieved to hear y/n voice that day. 

"I need to send you two out there again" Price spoke to y/n and Ghost. "The missile is still not fou-" y/n raised her hand, stopping Price. " I am leaving this base as soon as Soap is conscious, and I know that he is okay" She looked at Price. "y/n please" She looked into his eyes "Price I am serious, I don't want him to be alone when he wakes up".

"I give you another day if he doesn't wake up then you will be sent out." y/n nodded. 

"I can go on my own captain, I don't need her" Ghost spoke. Price looked at him, thinking about what to say. "I will give you Alejandro to help you Ghost, he knows the area best. Make sure you stay alive" Price spoke and sat back down. "Take off is in 2 hours, y/n you can leave, I need to talk to Ghost."  A silent nod before her feet carried her out of the office and to the medical wing. She visited Soap a lot, sat next to him and looked at him for hours, sometimes speaking with him talking about her day. This day was different, she looked down at his hand and grabbed it slightly. " They are sending Ghost out again at his own request, I'm glad he's leaving again. He is such a pain in the ass." She started. "You need to wake up again Soap, you were at least funny" a sign leaving her body. "The scar is pretty badass on your forehead" Her eyes tracing over the almost fully healed skin, The scar was running from his Forehead to his eye leaving a slit in his eyebrow. His finger interlocking with hers, making her jump from his sudden movement. 

"Johnny?" standing on both feed now, leaning over his body, keeping her eyes on his closed ones. A slight movement from his eyes as they slowly started to open, his eyes getting used to the light. A low growl coming from him. "You're awake". A smile on her lips waiting for him to get used to the light. "Where am I?" he whispered, exhausted trying to sit up, stopped by the pain in his head. "Medical wing, you had a pretty rough week, let me get a nurse to give you some painkillers." She took her hands out of Soaps walking out of the room, coming back with a nurse. 

"Mr Mactavish" She smiled. "Good to see you awake, sir, how bad is the pain?" She grabbed the clipboard hanging by his bed, writing down the time he woke up and his vitals. "Pretty bad" His voice was rough, probably from a sore and dry throat. "I'll get you some Painkillers Mr, you should be back up in a few hours, I need you to rest and not lift heavy." Johnny nodded in responds. 

The nurse injected a white ish liquid through a syringe, y/n guest it was the painkillers. Watching the scenery from the back. 

_____________________

y/n pov

You said in the rec room, leaning back against the couch, a movie playing on the TV. 

"Dorothy, did you ever hear of a rich pole-vaulter?" The Blond woman spoke.

"Who cares? I like a man who can run faster than I can." Dorothy spoke. 

"I hate to think where you'll wind up. You're wasting time on unrefined persons without money." The blond spoke again.

The door to the rec room suddenly opened, revealing Soap. He walked in still unsteady on his feet, falling onto the couch next to you. He smelled good, your eyes tracing over his body. 
"y/- I mean Phantom" He cleared his throat. " y/n is okay soap" your arm leaning on the couch you moved your body to have a look into his direction. 

"Right.. y/n" he scratched the back of his head. "I heard from Price that you saved my ass out there... Thank yo-" His words suddenly stopped by two arms wrapping around his neck, not applying pressure to the wound on his upper body. He froze, before you were able to move back again he laid his strong arms around your body, pulling you closer. His warmth and the smell of his aftershave giving you comfort. "I thought you'd die out there" you whispered. You were Vulnerable again... but it was okay when Soap was there, you started trusting him. Liking the comfort he gave you. "Are you okay?" He asked, his voice quiet as his hand slowly moved over your back. "I am fine" you shuck off. "Tell me the truth" he demanded, his voice soft. 

"I was scared, I barely slept those days, I didn't know what to do. You looked so helpless I couldn't leave you there, so I stayed" Words started forming automatically. "Thanks to you, I am still alive and even have this badass scar on my face" his hands found their way to your with fabric covered cheeks, moving your head slightly to look into your eyes. A warm smile on his face. "You can't tell me it doesn't look badass" His warm smile fading into a grin. "It does look badass" Your eyes looked at the scar once more, moving to his eyes. A tension started building between them, His thumb rubbing over the fabric over your cheek, slightly touching the skin under your eye that wasn't covered. 

Heat rushing to your cheeks, it was the first time in a while someone else touched your face, even if it was just the slightest. Your eyes moved down to his lips, watching his tongue slowly trace over them. Fuck. 

Soap's hands moved to your neck, grabbing the fabric of your mask, slowly wanted to pull it just over your lips. He kept his eyes on your face as he slowly revealed your lips, resting the mask there. Your head pushed forwards. Soaps hot breath burning on your lips, one of his hands moving to the back of your head to have the lead in the upcoming kiss. Your heart was racing, ready to skip the last millimeter between from your lips crashing onto his. 

The door flung open. Both of you separating, and you pulling your mask back down. 

"Soap?" A familiar but unwanted British accent spoke. 

Word count: 1146

I like a man who can run faster than I can. - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes 1953