PROLOGUE - PART 2 - GAME ANNOUNCEMENT

Once my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness, I saw what could only be described as its previously been called; a testing area. The walls were white and sleek, the windows showing the same blinding white as the room I woke up in. There was a circular door with the figure of a person on it. Quickly, some of us discovered it was locked. 

The environment gave me the theory that this was some kind of science experiment and only furthered my thoughts of us all being lab rats. I only could pray this testing was harmless, but I doubt praying would work. 

I glanced around at everyone gathered here, taking note of anyone who stood out. For one, there was a super-sized lady that stood above the crowd. She seemed to be scowling at someone else, a man in a clown costume specifically. Nearby them, leaning against a wall, was a grey man with floating detached hands. I had to look twice at him to make sure I wasn't hallucinating it. 

Something I noticed quickly was the several inhuman beings around, which I'm going to assume are "monsters". One looked faintly human, having fox ears and a tail, but then talking to her was an actual walking cat. In the corner was this weird yellow thing that, quite frankly, was hard to look at. It looked like it was muttering about something, but hell if I'm getting near it. 

This was an interesting group of people that the robot lady chose for whatever tests she wanted to run. Some of them aren't even human. I have to wonder what got me into this mess with this bunch. 

"Yo, weird robot lady," A boy with an accent, likely Ukrainian, stood out from the crowd, "What is your deal? This lab stuff is totally not cool, and there's no wifi."

"We've been kidnapped, you're concerned about not having 'wifi'?" A woman in purple professional clothing spoke out. 

"You don't know what wifi means to me. Without it, I can't talk to my perfect Talia," The boy retorted, motioning to the phone in his hand. Makes me wonder why he was allowed that, yet I wasn't allowed my badge. 

"Your girlfriend can wait, loverboy. Now's the time for figurin' what the hell's goin' on," The armless grey person moved from the wall back to the crowd. 

"She is my fiancee, ass hat," He snapped right back. The tension was rising, and if this continued, I'm certain there'd be a fist fight.

"Will you man things stop arguing so we can actually get something useful done?" The very tall woman intervened, finally letting us get back on track. 

"I say we take a moment to really process everything that's happening, there is a lot going on," A man with a camera around his neck jumped in. For a situation like this, he was surprisingly calm. 

I was this close to inserting myself as the authoritative figure of the group, but didn't have the chance to when that robot woman finally said something from her PA system. 

"I was hoping you'd all continue arguing. I have to say, that was entertaining," Her tone already pushed so many buttons, and I barely knew who she was. 

"Hey lady, why don't you show yourself before we make you?" I was speaking for the group at this point, but it didn't matter. I knew I needed take charge here, I doubted the others would have any luck with her. 

"And just what do you think you'd be able to do?" She sounded a little too confident, considering she was about to be at my mercy. 

"...A lot of things," I didn't have a good response for this one, but it was good enough, "Point is, you don't want to find out."

"Wow, you are so good at threatening people," She was clearly being sarcastic, which made me grit my teeth. She may think she's so high and mighty, but wait until she discovers just what these detective skills of mine are capable of.