Mending the Chain

Wild's POV

Stepping around a puddle of mud. I keep my eyes focused on the faint glow ahead of us. Hyrule isn't too excited about our direction of travel and I'm not either, but we have to find a town at some point. Without a sword things are gonna get hard and 'Rule's not happy with me using a stick. Going in the direction of a village is never fun, cause I have to behave. Well according to Twilight, but he's not here to tell me I have to. So do I really have to act normal? But since we're not in my Hyrule there's going to be a lot of people. And both me and Hyrule don't like crowds, but Hyrule wants me to get a new sword. I find it hard to agree that's the best way since I'm finding zero signs of any monsters. Very strange a forest without any monsters. Well I can't say that for certain since there was a pool of blood about a mile back. Little concerning. But there was nothing else.

"So what do you think is happening here?" I ask starting up another conversation since the last one ended in both of us rethinking the past. Not a good idea. 

"The blood or the silence?" Hyrule asks and I shrug.

"Either. Both is strange enough."

"Yeah it's like something's scaring the animals. That's never good," Hryule mumbles.

"But we've not seen anything. It's like it's watching us," I nod and 'Rule nods.

"Stalking it's prey and making me want to get you a new sword faster."

"I have a stick," I say holding it up. "And I've used them before."

"I don't get how you think that's useful for fighting."

"I don't understand how you don't," I mumble. Leaves rushing makes us freeze. Three bokoblins stumble out of the bushes and I hit one into another before Hyrule could stop me. It squeals and I grab it's club. I think it's Sky's bokoblins, but who knows at this point.  I easily take care of one of them while Hyrule gets the others.

"I'll have to admit that actually did something," Hyrule smiles as I store the cub in my slate. 

"I knew you'd turn around," I smile back at him.

"Get back here!" someone shouts and I smile. We found the others!

"Warriors over here!" I shout and footsteps rush towards us.

"Wild! Hyrule! Finally! Where are we exactly?" Warriors asks his eyes landing on what's left of the monsters before looking at us.

"In the middle of the woods. Apparently there's a village nearby, but we haven't found it yet," I say with a shrug.

"Probably because you're off the path," he sighs and we both look down.

"When did that happen?" Hyrule asks and I shrug. Who knows at this point.

"How mad is Twi?" I ask and Warriors gives me a look.

"Last time I knew he was punching trees. But now I have no clue."

"Where are the others?" Hyrule asks.

"That's the problem. A portal separated me from them. And Wind's by himself."

"What?!" the two of us shout.

"Yeah, he is not going to be happy about that," Warriors sighs. "But at least I found someone."

"If you and Wind were separated from the others then you think the others are separated too?" Hyrule asks.

"It's a possibility," he nods. "Now let's get back on the path I saw a sign back there," Warriors says pointing a bit to the left behind him.

"The town?" I ask.

"Possibly. Wild where's your sword?"

"I broke it."

"You what?!"

---------

It took a bit of walking to get Warriors stare off of me. Which I'm very thankful for. Instead he's been trying to keep us on track to the village.

"If you two are here then Wind could be nearby. And he'll know to head to the village," Warriors says and we both nod.

"Yeah he's been wanting to find some new things," I say and the captain gives me a look.

"He's going to blow something up," Warriors sighs and I shrug.

"What he blows up is on him."

"You two are the worst,"Warriors groans.

"But I didn't say anything," Hyrule mumbles.

"You are in so much trouble Wild!" Twilight says dragging Sky onto the path a dark glare on his face. Sky looked like Twilight had dragged him all the way across Hyrule.

"I'm taking it you two got separated as well," Warriors says crossing his arms.

"Where's Wind?" Sky asks looking around.

"Yeah, he fell through the portal with you. Did he run off?" Twilight says his attention no longer completely on me.

"He didn't land with me," the captain sighs. "But he has to be around here somewhere."

"We're actually heading to a village," Hyrule says and all eyes go to him.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Sky nods.

"Wild where's your sword?" Twilight groans.

"He broke it," Warriors and Hyrule answer him at the same time.

"Wild!" my mentor shouts as Sky just stares at me.

"It's not that bad," I mumblw crossing my arms in a pout.

-----

Finally we can see the village in the distance. Along with two people a bit in front of us. One of them wearing very bright-

"Legend!" Hyrule shouts and the two stop. They wait for us to catch up and Warriors snickers a little at Legend's cuts and bruises.

"What happened?!" Hyrule asks quickly using his magic to heal them.

"He fell down a canyon side," Time states as Legend glares at Warriors.

"I see you did nothing as usual," he scoffs and the captain's snickers stop.

"Before you two get into it again. Where's Wind?" Time asks taking charge.

"He got separated from me in the portal. He might be at the village," Warriors says nodding to the village so close by.

"And Wild why are you holding a stick instead of your sword?"

"He broke it," everyone, but me and our two newest additions sigh.

"Why?" Legend scoffs.

"It just happened," I sigh. "How about we get me a new one before the shops all close."

A few sounds of agreement run through the group as we start walking again. Hopefully Wind's at this village and not a different one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi again. And I hope I haven't disappointed you for such a late part. I'm not going to explain why it's so late, but I will apologize for it.