Escaping What Exactly?

Wind's POV

The ride into town was extremely painfully quiet. Complete silence. This teen has no interest in starting any conversation and when I tried to he only spoke a few words. Come on at least say your name. He doesn't even bother speaking to the townspeople as he enters the town.

"Get lost?" a man questions as the cart slows to a stop in front of a shop. His brown hair goes down to his shoulders and I can barely make out his blue eyes out from behind his bangs. A smirk on his face giving him extremely creepy vibes.

"Picked up a lost traveler," the teen replies in his calm voice jumping down. The man glances at me before looking back at the teen.

"I expected your friends to come along," he mumbles. "After all a smith like you traveling alone isn't a good idea. Especially nowadays. With the monsters running wild."

"They're around," the teen shrugs his eyes locking with the man's for a second. "I suggest you don't scam me this time," he hums giving the man a long cold stare. "After all I can just leave." Taking a deep breath I jump down feeling the tension between the two.

"One moment," the man replies stepping inside his shop as the teen steps around to the back.

"You're not really going to sell him your stuff right? He's obviously shady," I question.

"He knows what happens if he messes up," the teen answers. "Besides no one buys anything from him except my weapons," he shrugs. "He'd go broke without me. You don't have to stay you know. Your friends can't be that far."

"But you look like you need help," I comment looking at the piles of swords in the cart.

"Not really. This is what I do about once a month," he sighs. "Doesn't help that the soldiers don't treat their weapons with respect."

"Soldiers buy their swords here?"

"They buy them where they can. Also he sells them around. I don't go any farther in Hyrule than this. I also don't just make swords I make other things too," he explains and I lean around to try and see anything else.

"They're not with me right now," he mentions picking up a dagger from a box on the side.

"Is that all?" the man asks behind us and I jump. How did he sneak up on us?

"Does it look like I have any more?" the teen asks giving him a glare.

"Hmm. Fine here," the man grumbles tossing a pouch of what I'm assuming is rupees at the teen who easily catches it.

"Well, let's see if we can find your friends," the teen says after a glance in the pouch. Giving a nod to the man he starts to walk away.

"Are you just going to leave him with it?" I ask.

"It's just what I sell him. I don't keep valuables in the cart," he answers putting the pouch of rupees in his bag. Shifting it on his shoulder he looks around. "So where do you want to start looking?" he asks turning to look at me.

"Is there a inn here?" I question.

"Yeah, this way," the teen gives me a small smile before turning his direction slightly.

"So what's your name?" I ask and he looks at me. "I'm Wind," I smile choosing to use the nickname the others gave me. It might get strange if one of the others used Link if I did as well.

"Your name suits you," he smiles, not a half smile an actual smile. I'm making him smile. Good he looks like he needs one. "I guess you can call me Smith or Smithy," he shrugs. "That's what my friends call me."