In the Middle of the Woods?

Wind's POV

I've been wondering around here for what feels like days when it's probably only been a few hours. Being by myself is honestly the worst. Even in my own journey I had someone to talk to. Here it's just empty woods. Not sea like home and just trees. It's really crazy and kind of nerve-racking being in someone else's Hyrule by myself.  At least I'm wearing the boots Warriors got for me. It makes walking through the woods so much easier, but I'm pretty sure I'm walking in circles. It's really hard to tell where you're going when you can't see the sun. I have no idea how the others do it. It's absolutely impossible to travel here. Ducking under a tree branch I jump over a log. At least I can go as slow as I want. Not having to keep up with the others is great, but I'm missing them. They're like family to me. It's very cheesy, but it's true. They look out for me even though I can take care of myself. They treat me like a little kid and I'm definitely not one. But they show that they care. I'm pretty sure Hyrule doesn't know what a family is, but to me he's my brother. He's a little funny and that's amazing.

The sound of an explosion brings me out of my thoughts and I look up to see the forest a few miles I front of me in flames. If that's not Wild and Hyrule I have no idea what it'd be. It better fucking be at this point. Making my way slowly over to the fire I keep my eye out for the two fire hazards. They can be with the others by now and then we'll all be together again. Then we can go onto defeating the enemy.

Stepping into a clearing I find a small fire pit lit. A small ring of ash along the outside of the circle of rocks. A pack sitting not to far away from it, just far enough away not to catch fire.

"Hello?" I call expecting someone to be here. Branches rustling to my left makes me grab my sword. Tightly holding it ready for an attack. Instead a teen walks out carrying firewood. Giving me a glance he just walks right by me.

"Didn't think someone would be out here," he comments as if I wasn't holding my sword in his direction. Brushing dirt off his multi colored tunic he glances back at me. A green headband keeping his hair out of his face. "You're not from around here are you?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well I sure didn't make that sword," he points and I blink.

"You make swords?"

"Yeah, I'm a blacksmith. Honestly I'm on my way back to my shop. Well my current one," he shrugs placing a log on the fire.

"What are you doing out in the middle of the forest?" I ask slowly sheathing my sword.

"Out for a trip," he replies not looking at me. "I lost something on the way to town."

"Did you find it?" I ask still wondering what a blacksmith would be doing all the way out here.

"Yeah, you can join me into town," he offers. "Honestly, I'd like a better look at your sword."

"Why?" I ask walking over to him.

"I've never a sword like that before," he admits.

"So what's with the fire?" I ask taking a glance at it.

"It just felt right to make," he answers stirring a stick around in the embers. "And I saw your trail," he adds after a second.

"Oh."

"You've been walking in circles. Thought I should get your attention before you get even more lost."

"Thanks. I think."

"Anytime. I'm taking it you haven't eaten lunch."

"Uh, no," I say getting a little creeped out by his kindness. It was nice, but we're in the middle of the forest and he's a blacksmith. It's just like going back to Wild's Hyrule. Confusing.

"We'll continue after you eat," he says tossing my a piece of bread. As I bite into it the teen goes back to stirring the fire slowly putting it out. "I'd rather not be out after dark." Beginning the silence on the creepily dark note I don't say anything. What was there to say?

Following the still unnamed teen onto a road he jumps up on a chart grabbing the reins.

"Well get on," he says glancing down at me. A funny thing to say since he's shorter than me. "Relax I'm borrowing it from a friend," he waves at the cart.

"I'm not worried about that," I mumble climbing up next to him keeping my eyes on the black horse pulling the cart. The only horse I've really been comfortable with was Epona and this horse didn't look so nice.

"He doesn't bite... unless you anger him," the teen goes on as the horse starts walking.

"So you just left your cart unguarded? We were at least a few miles in the woods!" I exclaims voicing my thoughts.

"Night won't let anyone come close unless he knows them or if they're with me. My stuff was perfectly safe," he shrugs resting the reins in his lap.

"Night? His name's Night?"

"Fitting right? I couldn't have thought of a better name," he smiles. "If I got to name him that is."

"What about Shadow? He kind of looks like a shadow horse," I say and the teen tightens his grip on the reins.

"I suppose so," he replies a weak smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess what I finally got around to writing more! Stupid busy life. Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this! I would love to hear what you think about this.