⤿ 66 | the sun & the moon !

Start from the beginning

he knew that by doing this, it was going to be selfish of him. selfish because jinhee was going to find out she was the one that came between haeun and jungkook, selfish because it was going to make jinhee feel absolutely guilty about the fact that she had hyped her best friend up so much to go after jungkook when jungkook had eyes for jinhee only all along.

but jungkook had always thought about jinhee, always put her first. he just wanted to be a little selfish just this once, and make his feelings known.

for once, he just wanted to feel like his feelings were valid.

jinhee sat there, staring back at jungkook unblinking, trying to process what just came out of jungkook's mouth.

what the fuck? was all that came into her head, as jungkook's hands were still on hers.

'l-like? w-wha—wait. like as in—'

'as in i fucking like like you.'

jinhee's mouth hung open as it closed before opening once more, but she found it hard to form words. this was the last thing jinhee expected, her head was all over the place at this moment. she questioned the possibility of this happening to her right now, and if jungkook was playing a prank on her.

she had always considered jungkook as a platonic partner in crime, he was the closest thing to guy best friend to jinhee.

'as in like crush—'

'yes, you fucking dimwit.'
jungkook cut her off once more, as jinhee clammed her lips together.

jungkook sighed.
'i know how much of a surprise this may come to you, but i've felt this way about you for months now. actually, if i were to think about it now, i started liking you a few days after i first saw you in real life, that being our fateful meeting in front of mr ahn by the school gate.'
he said, laughing softly but it came out a little forceful as jinhee frowned.

she had so many questions, and needless to say, she was still shocked beyond her wits but she still chose to listen to what he had to say first.

'you're the first person who has ever made me felt this way, so when i first starting feeling this way, it made me panic. i was gaslighting, manipulating, and just thinking about every other possibility and excuse for the way that i felt as long as the answer wasn't me liking you because i was like, there's no fucking way, you know?'

jungkook opened jinhee's hands again as his fingers traced over the metal keychain held in jinhee's hand.

'needless to say, i fell for you anyway. in fact, i fell harder as every fucking day went pass and at one point, i came to realise that i couldn't deny it anymore. that's when the matchmaker alarm rang for me, and it probably caused yours to ring too.'

jinhee's eyes widened at this information as she remembered the alarm she received just yesterday.

'wait, so the one i got yesterday...'
her voice trailed off as she looked at jungkook who looked back at her, confused.

'huh? no it wasn't yesterday, i probably triggered your alarm like a month ago or something, honestly i can't remember but it was definitely not yesterday.'