eight | go figure

Start from the beginning

It's been about a month since Leigh and I have had a real conversation that didn't involve work, in the meantime she's been chillin' with UPS from my knowledge.

I've got to admit it kind of put a damper on my daily life.

I feel like I'm lost. Drowning.

If we do converse—especially for too long, it most likely ends with us arguing.

It seemed as though one half of the house was hers and the other was mine when she was here.

We would  only eat together every now and then, it's only because I made it mandatory.

But only awkward silences filled the room.

I might as well be alone still.

Tori has been harassing me.

At first it started with social media jabs—once she figured no one was paying attention to her—it escalated and quickly too.

She's come up to the office causing a ruckus.

I can tell it's taking a toll on Leigh's work ethic.

We've been on every site imaginable , trending for bullshit, and not business.
..
Leigh

I quickly got into my town car and headed towards Kaine's home. Today, we were expecting deliveries from a custom shop called Home Zone, they made chandeliers for the foyer.

Hopefully, today goes better than the previous three to four weeks. It's been literal hell being around one another.

As I got closer to his house, butterflies began to emerge in my stomach.

Breathe.

My driver pulled into the driveway. We entered the gate with my special code.

I walked in the house and it was to say the least, how I left it.

Which was bad.

I could smell the rotting fruit, nothing was steamed, the floors were filthy, and the laundry shoot was full.

Where are his maids? Doesn't he have other... people?

Before I could access the situation anymore, I heard a security alert, before looking I automatically assumed that it was the chandeliers but sadly it was not.

Kaine

I was watching the game and I heard a knock.

"Come in."

It couldn't be anyone else but Leigh.

"What do you need, Ms. Christian?"

"I looked at the security camera and Tori's outside—again."

"Can you get rid of her." I focused on the game not even looking at her.

I was more so telling than asking.

"Sir, with all disrespect, this is your house. She's supposed to be your girlfriend, your problem. I feel as though you can handle it."

I paused the game, I knew I wasn't gonna win with either of them.

"I'm not asking."

"Me either ." She challenged me.

Victoria will camp out there until I come out and Leigh will harass me about how it's my job to handle my personal life—not hers.

At least not in this case.

I pleaded,

"At least come downstairs so that when I tell her to leave you can press the gate. How'd she even get in?"