SIMPLICITES - CH1

Start from the beginning

Wednesday: (Oh, Thing missed you.)

Enid: (REALLY?! I MISS HIM TOO! I miss our mani pedi sessions so bad!)

(Did anyone else miss me?)

Wednesday stared at the screen, specifically the text. Wednesday did miss Enid to a certain amount, she was the most tolerable person despite her habits. But, she assumed Enid was talking about her brother, Pugsley.

Wednesday: (Are you talking about my poor excuse of a brother? When did you guys meet? I doubt that he misses you.)

Enid: (Nevermind.)

(I really wish you can visit me at San Francisco my mom's been really judgmental about my scars. So glad that we'll go back to Nevermore soon!)

Wednesday: (I'd like to say some words to your mother. And they will not be very nice.)

Enid: (It's fine I don't take her words to heart. 😊)

Wednesday: (Ok, I've got to go. Text you later)

Enid: (Okkkayyy!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday stepped on the grounds of Nevermore Academy. It was weird to be on the land she once wanted to escape. She saw the other vehicles and students unloading their luggage and heading straight in. There, she saw Enid and Yoko talking and giggling. She didn't really care that much, so she just made it to the familiar dormitory.

Wednesday unloaded her baggage with the help of Lurch. When they finished, Wednesday started working on her writing.

"Wednesday? Oh, I didn't see you!" Enid exclaimed happily and pulled all her luggage on the empty bed.

"Welcome, Enid." Wednesday paid no attention to her and just started writing her novel.

Enid stared at the psychic, she expected a little bit more than a 'welcome.' "What are you working on?" Enid asked, while unpacking her things, "Where's Thing?"

Wednesday had locked him in a desk, he was too much of a distraction.

"If you keep on talking, I can't write. So I'd prefer you to be quiet," Wednesday stated blankly, still looking at her typewriter.

Enid frowned, "Okay, I'll leave you to it. I guess I'll hang out with Yoko."

"Are you leaving m— this dorm again?"

"I thought talking made it hard for you to write."

Wednesday, now typing faster, scoffed "Of course, but I was asking a question. Are you?" She finally looked back at Enid.

Enid shook her head and finished unpacking her bag. "Why do you care?" She put her hand on the door handle.

"I don't, but you were already talking to Yoko before."

"Yeah, and we made plans to go to Weathervane."

"Disgusting."

They looked and each other in silence.

Finally, Wednesday stood up, "I'm coming with you."

Enid perked up, usually, Wednesday wouldn't be hanging out with her outside of school or outside a mission. Enid smiled in satisfaction and confusion.

She opened the door and walked with Wednesday.

~~~

When Wednesday and Enid collected Yoko they didn't think that Ajax and Divina were coming too. It seemed that Enid had her eyes stuck on Ajax the whole time and only looked away when he looked in her direction.

They found a booth and sat in it. When Ajax wanted to sit next to Enid, Wednesday slid in before him.

"Wow, never would've expected Wednesday to being here right now," Yoko says in disbelief. "Anyway, Enid, I was wondering if you could help me with my greek homework."

"I thought that vampires came from Greece?" Enid tilted her head like a dog.

"Some are from Greece, but my family origins are tied to Romania, so I don't know much Greek."

"Okay, but why ask me?"

"Because Lycanthropes are from Greece, correct? And you said you speak Greek."

"Wait, you speak Greek, Enid?" Wednesday interjected.

"Ναι, μιλάω ελληνικά!" (Yes, I do speak Greek!)
Enid grinned, "Εσυ?" (Do you?)

"Of course I do," Wednesday replied in a monotoned voice.

"Yelp, I'm going to get the coffee, can you guys text me what you what?" Ajax stood up.

"Goodbye, babycakes!" Enid yelled as he walked to the counter.

Wednesday cringed. "Did you really have to yell that out, Enid?"

"Yes, everyone needs to know he's mine!" Enid crossed her arms. Then, she texted him the orders of coffee.

"Enid, it's not like another girl is going to like him. He's dumb as fuck." Yoko interrupted, "It feels like you're trying way too hard."

Divina and Wednesday both sat there in silence while Enid and Yoko glared at each other.

"Ajax is not dumb! He's a very smart, intellectual person with a great personality! He is also very charming and cute!"

"Yeah, well, he's dumb enough to think you're straight." Yoko scoffed. It was not an insult, more of a joke. "It's either you being smart enough to trick him, which I highly doubt, or him being stupid."

Enid gasped and looked away. Wednesday couldn't tell if that offended Enid or not, but she still glared at Yoko.

Silence went on for a while, they didn't say a word to each other until Ajax came back with the coffee.

"So, what did I miss while I was getting the drinks?" Ajax questioned, taking a sip from his drink.

"Nothing," Divina said and glanced at Yoko and Enid.

"In that case, Weds, do you mind if we switch seats? I wanna sit next to Enid," He whispered.

Wednesday didn't even bat an eye when she said no. She looked away and sipped from her cup in silence. She was confused and intrigued about that statement earlier.

~~~

They all finished their drinks and went to their assigned rooms by the end of their hangout. It was more awkward than fun. Wednesday and Enid returned to their dormitory. She took Thing out of the drawer.

Enid yawned, "I'm going to sleep, good night."

"Night," Wednesday laid down on her bed, she didn't fall asleep though. She just stared at the blonde. As minutes passed by, she could see that Enid was sleeping peacefully. She just knew that Thing would tease her for this, but she didn't care.

Wednesday hadn't fallen asleep in a couple of days. Her eyelids felt heavy. She closed her eyes and started to sleep, too.