( xi. si estuviésemos juntos )

❝ 𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐲𝐨 𝐬𝐞́ 𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐞𝐝𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐚'. 𝐭𝐮́ 𝐲 𝐲𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐜𝐮𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐞́𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐨' 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞' 𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐝 ❞

════ ☆ ★ ☆ ════

"by the stairs." joão tried explaining where he's at to lia as he looked around the place.

"which stairs? there's like five different staircases." lia looked around the airport, trying to find joão. "i should've made a poster." she muttered.

     "the stairs that are near the exit." joão looked around the place he was standing to describe it in more detail to lia.

     "i think i know where it is. don't move." lia started walking to the staircase she saw when she first entered the airport. she saw a guy that looked familiar, maybe it is joão. "raise your hand." she told him.

     joão did as he was told. "why?"

     "it is you!" lia exclaimed as she quickly made her way over to joão. as she got closer she could tell that he still was very confused. he was looking around for lia, but he wasn't able to find her until she stood right next to him. "joão." she softly spoke before hanging up the call.

he turned around and looked down at lia. "i thought you'd be taller." was the first thing that came to mind when he saw her.

     lia furrowed her brows, "oh? you're not so tall either." she shook her head.

joão laughed and then pulled her into a hug. lia stayed still for a few seconds because she didn't know how to react to this, but then she hugged him back. "it's nice to meet you in person." he told her as he pulled away from the hug.

     "nice to meet you too." everything about joão screamed rich boy. even what he smelled like; expensive cologne. "c'mon. let's go because all this tourists are giving me anxiety." she said, grabbing his suitcase and then walking to the exit.

     "you don't like tourists?" he asked, walking behind her. "i can carry that." he grabbed onto the suitcase and inevitably grabbed onto lia's hand too.

     lia was quick to pull her hand away. "no and the white ones are kind of annoying." both of them walked through the parking lot until they got to lia's car. "do they not annoy you?" she opened the trunk of her car.

"not really," joão threw his suitcase into the trunk. "i think it's cool."

     lia glanced at him before climbing into the car. "you're so cute." she mocked once both of them were inside the car.

joão looked over at her. "i know."

she shook her head, a smile on her lips. "you're such a—" she cut herself off, trying to search for the right word. she didn't want to insult him in any way, but at the same time she had to find something that sounded 'smart'. she couldn't find it, though. "get ready because we're spending around thirteen hours in here." she changed the subject.

     joão stared at her, "what do you mean?" he furrowed his brows, watching her drive out of the airport's parking lot. "is your house that far? or?"