( vii. calls )

❝ 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧. ❞

════ ☆ ★ ☆ ════

"block her." magui says as she makes her way over to her boyfriend who's sitting on the couch. joão looked up at her with a confused expression. "don't look at me like that, joão. block that girl."

"you mean cecilia?" he raised a brow.

"see?" she whined, "you even remembered her name and i saw when you liked her story last night. block her."

"magui, i like everyone's story." he tried defending himself and at the same time to change the subject because he knows this is an argument he can't really win.

"i know, but you don't stay twenty fucking minutes looking at the story and what were you doing up so late?" she went on. she knows something was going on with joão after he responded to cecilia's comment. "block her right now."

"magui, it's not a big deal—"

"for me it fucking is, joão. you've been on your phone since she tagged you one that comment and you're zoned out most of the time." she interrupted him. she feels panic that he'll do what she did to him the first time they broke up.

"is that why you posted that picture?" joão shook his head.

magui sighed, "don't change the subject." she stared at him and joão stayed quiet. "you know what? i'm going to cate's house. i don't want to see you right now." she shook her head as she grabbed her purse from the couch.

"magui," joão called as he stood up from the couch. "margarida!" he called out again. he didn't try to go after her, though. he wasn't feeling like putting the effort into explaining something he doesn't even get how complex it is. also, a small part of him didn't care if she stayed or if she left. his mind doesn't have space for magui after the situation with cecilia.

joão let himself fall back down onto the couch. he opened instagram and searched up cecilia's account and the first one that came up was her spam account.

he clicked on the story he watched last night, she hadn't updated her stories so the story she'd posted with alejandro was the only story. joão clicked out of it, he's so confused on why he's angry at cecilia.

the fact that she'd posted about him didn't bother him. actually, he was very unbothered by that post but magui made a big deal about it and he thought it was maybe better to tell cecilia to stop.

he also had an excuse to talk to her.

LIAITHINK: incoming call from magui_corceiro.
ACCEPT - DECLINE

"hello?" cecilia's voice was soft and filled with confusion. not only because magui is calling her, but because she herself doesn't even know why she picked up the phone.

a chuckle was heard from magui's side of the phone. "calling to let you know that," she chuckled again. she's clearly drunk. "joão doesn't like you and he—he thinks that you're an untalented nepo."