On the Web

Peter knew it was wrong to be snooping and that Mr. Stark would definitely not be happy with him poking his nose where it doesn't belong. But just one look couldn't hurt, he tried to convince himself.

The fifteen year old hero would not stand for being treated as if he were a child any longer. Mr. Stark had no right to keep him out of missions, even as his mentor. Of course, none of this was true, and Tony was not unfairly stopping the kid from helping. But it didn't feel that way to Peter.

To him, he was being unfairly treated by the older man and was going to find out what he wasn't telling him, dammit!

"Mr. Parker, Sir would not be pleased with you in here." Friday said as Peter entered his mentor's lab. "I'm going to be quick, Fri. He won't even know I'm here." Peter said confidently, pushing his anxious thoughts away. He couldn't help but remember the last time Tony wasn't pleased with something he did, as Friday put it.

••••

"You okay kid?" Tony asked after watching him crash and burn against the other avengers.

"Fine, sir." He nodded through his grimace.

"Right. You did good, you're done. Stay down." Tony ordered.

"What? No, I'm good. I'm fine." Peter insisted, still laying flat on the concrete.

"No, kid. You're done." Tony denied, suit already carrying him back to the fight.

Peter should have stayed down, but of course, he didn't.

•••

Peter shudders as the aftermath of that incident flashed behind his eyes. His suit being taken, and him being pulled over Tony's knees for the first time. Definitely something the teen did not want to remember, let alone repeat.

Never, again

Peter's eyes scanned the screen rapidly, looking for an email, a document, something worth hiding. However, all of the important looking files were locked, of course. He sighed and shook out his wrists, beginning to type in any important date for the six digit code blocking his only chance of being included.

Tony's birthday, wrong

The day Stark towers was built, wrong

Pepper's birthday? Wrong

Dammit, I'm never getting into this!

What if?

Peter's birthday, accepted.

Well, if that doesn't just stab him right in the conscious. Here he is, going behind the man's back, and his password is Peter's birthday.

Peter worries his bottom lip with his teeth before clicking into the file.

He spends a few minutes scrolling. Looking through old news articles and emails Tony had saved.

"What are you hiding, Mr Stark?" He asked out loud.

"Why don't you ask me?"

Peter shot backward from the computer in shock, almost flipping himself completely out of the chair. "Mr. Stark!" He shrieks. "Mr. Parker." Tony mocks, still trying to get the teen to use his name.

"You scared me!" Peter whines, still clutching his chest dramatically. "Ditto, underoos. Imagine this, 'Hey Fri where's my kid genius? Oh you can't tell me, how strange.' I don't know how you keep getting her on your side, kid, but it's very annoying." Tony scoffs. Peter hid a smile, the AI obviously liked him better.