Chapter 13

"Should I?" I asked June and Mila while we all three sat in our living room.
"I think you should." Mila said while she messed with her hair. Juniper nodded along.
"What would I say?" I asked again.
"Just say that you forgive him and all is good. You don't have to say anything else if you want." She gave more good advice.
"Ok. I can do that."
Saturday came and I found out the time for the "YouTube Boyband" panel which included Joe, Caspar, Jim, Marcus, and Alfie. I found my way to the VIP area where Caspar immediately found me.
"Hey you came!" He said as he hugged me and squeezed me so tight I couldn't breathe. I missed Caspar.
"Yah thanks for the pass." I said as I smoothed out the floral dress that I had decided to go for this morning.
"Ok well we have to do our thing and you should watch. I'll show you a place you can stand." He guided me out to the place where I could watch the show. Well he pointed me to a place because he couldn't show his face to everyone. I stood on the wall and waited. While I waited at least 5 people from the crowd came up to me because they recognized me from either Tyler's video or Joe's. It was nice.
Finally they all came out. Joe looked good. It was nice to see Marcus and Alfie again. I wish I had said bye to them and Zoe before I left.
I was watching them all smile and wave to the audience when Caspar leaned over and whispered into Joe's ear. Suddenly is smile disappeared and his eyes searched the crowd when they finally found me. I waved at him because it was all I could think to do. The smile came back to his face which made me relieved. He went back to waving to the audience.
Part of the show was people getting to ask questions.
There were the typical fan questions.
But then one came up that really caught my attention. Some girl who looked about 12 was given the microphone.
"My question is for Joe. Joe are you single? And if so why?" She asked and every girl in the audience screamed.
I figured he would just say yes and then make a Mila Kunis joke. But he didn't.
"Yes I am single." Cheers "and I am because I had this great girl that I love but I messed it up big time and I hope she can give me another chance." A lot a of people 'awe'd and a few turned in my direction. "So you know Mila Kunis if Ashton turns out to be rubbish, let me know." There was the joke. I know he did it just to save face. I knew Joe and the first part was true. I didn't even know what to think. What if I did date Joe? Long distance sucks but I still love him. Wait. I do. I still love him. Wow.
I waited patiently for the show to end. When it did I found my way backstage. I went to the room where everyone in the Boyband was. I knocked on the door and someone from security let me in. They were all on the on either one of two couches. Marcus, Alfie, and Caspar shouted "Rachel!" when I came in the room. They all got up to hug me. Jim got up to introduce himself.
"Hi I'm Jim. I saw you in Tyler and Joe's video." He said while shaking my hand.
"Hi I'm Rachel I saw you....on your channel" he laughed.
Joe stood last and stayed silent. He took my hand which I missed a lot and lead me out of the room into the hall.
"Hey." He said quietly. From his face I could tell he was nervous which was good because I felt like my stomach was going to fall out of my ass.
"Hey. Caspar told me to come." I kept looking into his eyes even though he was trying to avoid mine.
It was quite for a moment before Joe spoke "look I'm so unbelievably sorry. I was completely wrong to do that to you. I never wanted to hurt you. I still love you and I missed you so much." It was a mouthful but he said what I wanted to hear.
"I forgive you." I said quietly. I was still thinking about how we could even possibly make it work. Long distance was okay until it wasn't. Someone would have to move in the end. The film business is pretty good in London right?
We hugged. He said into my ear "so Caspar really loves the America and he really wants to live in California so I was thinking I would move with him." A joker-like smile came across my face. I pulled away from him and he broke into a smile as well.
"Are you serious?" I asked while keeping both of my arms around his shoulders.
He nodded his head and everything in my body willed me to kiss him in that moment, so I did.
I broke away with still the biggest smile on my face.
"I love you Joe." I finally said what I had wanted to say for over a month.
"Well then I guess this would be a good time to formally ask you to be my girlfriend." He said while still holding my waist.
"I don't kn..I'm totally kidding. Of course I would love to be your girlfriend."
We kissed one last time before returning to the room holding hands. Everyone mostly figured it out. Zoe was now in the room and next to Alfie.
She stood up and gave me a hug.
"I knew you were right for him." She said as she hugged me.
"Alright vidcon 2015. Who do you want to meet?" Joe asked me.
"Well I've always kind of wanted to meet Danisnotonfire." I said nonchalantly like it wasn't a big deal.
"Yah absolutely I'll shoot him a text." Joe said it so chill like hangs out with Dan all the time.
Within 15 minutes Dan was standing right in front of me and I was trying not to spazz out. I did my 'meeting a celebrity' greeting and he had no suspicion that I had a fangirl crush on him since I was 17.
The rest of vidcon was amazing. I met more people that I loved and hung out with someone my new YouTube friends. Best of all I got to hang out with Joe. And I wasn't afraid to just let go and be myself with him. I wasn't afraid to fall head over heels for him. I wasn't afraid anymore.