Chapter 5

I couldn't bare to hear Joe's voice if I called him. I decided to text.

Hey my film company is shooting in London and they wanted me to go with them. I'll be coming in on the 5th. ~Rachel

I patiently awaited his response while putting away some dishes and paying some bills. An hour later I got a response.

Ok ~Joe

That was it. Just 'ok'. Not 'ok I'm so excited I get to see you'. Just 'ok'.

Now I know exactly why I don't get close to guys. They never do care. They just think you're a fun thing for a week and they move on. They never really do care. Why was I expecting anything different with Joe? I know why. He seemed different. He wasn't so absorbed in himself. He listened to anything I had to say even if it was ridiculous. He was so much his own person. He doesn't care what people think of him. He'll vlog in public, he'll make stupid faces all the time, and god damn it was refreshing to meet a guy who admitted to liking One Direction.

But I guess I was wrong. He wasn't that. He was a guy who just replied with 'ok'.

2 weeks later meant it was finally time to leave for London. I decided to quit my job at the coffee shop. It never was a main source of income and since I kinda helped save the movie my supervisor was setting me up a permanent job when this movie was over.
Mila and Jasper drove Juniper and I to the airport. I was really going to miss them even if it was only for a month. We all had a hug where 3/4 of us cried. Hint: it wasn't Jasper. I gave a final hug to Mila and Juniper gave a final kiss to Jasper and we rolled our giant bags to baggage check.
After checking out bags we went through security and sat in our terminal.
June and I decided to go over a day before everyone else in the film was. It was a chance for us to do some sight seeing before filming schedule started.
We boarded our flight and sat tight for 6 hours. Juniper and I talked about the whole Joe thing. She did the typical best friend thing "he's an asshole."
I didn't believe it though.
We finally landed, three in flight movies later.
I was ready to get this whole Joe thing behind me and start having fun in London.
We started to find our way out of the gate and go through the arrival gate at Heathrow airport. I specifically remembered the airport from my favorite romantic comedy of all time, Love Actually.
We walked out of the gate where all the couples and families were reconnecting. It was so cute I was going to throw up.
As we started to walk through the people I saw something that made me stop in my tracks.
There standing in the very back of the crowd, Joe. He was holding a bouquet of pink tulips and I remembered the time I told him I always preferred tulips over roses.
The two weeks where I doubted him all flushed away when I saw him there waiting for me. My mind was running 10 thousand different places. But my body only did one thing. I ran into his arms. And he caught me.

------------------------------------------
A/N: hey so I know this chapter is significantly shorter than the rest but I wanted it to be separate. I know I'm not the best at writing but I try. I hope you like it. Also I have never been to London (or California for that matter) but I will do as much research as I can to make this story accurate. Also I don't 100% know where this story is heading but bear with me.