Chapter 4

For the rest of the week Joe and I continued our routine of meeting up around my work. Any time I was free, I was with Joe. Until Friday the last night came. The rest of the house decided to have a pool party to celebrate their last night. Of course I was invited.
He invited all of his LA YouTube friends so that excited me a good bit.
I showed up in a flowy floral dress and a black hat. I had my all black bikini underneath.
I buzzed the gate and Joe let me in.
"Hey it's good to see you." He gave me a quick hug and a quick kiss. "Come on the party is out here." He took my hand and lead me through the house to the backyard. There were people everywhere. There was giant floats in the pool, there was beer just about everywhere, and youtubers just about everywhere.
I saw Tyler and Connor and decided to walk over and chat with them.
"Hey." I said as I approached them while holding Joe's hand.
"Hi." Tyler responded. He has a red solo cup in hand. So did Connor who greeted me as well.
Caspar and Oli came over to where I was standing.
"Hi nice to see you again." I said as they both came up and gave me a quick hug.
Joe pulled me away from the circle "come on I want to show you around." He said as he took my hand again.
I met a lot of youtubers like the rest of the O2L boys and Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, just about every YouTuber that lived in LA.
I decided to get in the pool. I took off my dress and jumped in. Joe jumped in right behind me.
"You are gorgeous." He said as he got a better look at me through the water.
"You're not too bad yourself." I said as I put a hand on his abs.
"Joe, Rachel lets play chicken." I heard and turned around to see Caspar with Andrea Russet on his shoulders.
Before I had a chance to decide, Joe went underwater and came up between my legs, lifting me out of the water. Andrea and I started pushing against each other while Joe and Caspar tried to keep us stable.
Andrea is tiny but she managed to win 2 out of the 3 times we played.
"Good game." I said to her after I had taken my final fall.
"Ha absolutely. Hey you should text me sometime, I always need someone to go to lunch with." She put her long hair into a messy bun.
"Ok cool I'll get your number later."
I had made a few friends while here.
An hour later Joe and I were sitting on the tennis court. everyone else was in the pool so it was just us. I was extremely tired.
We sat next to each other with our arms propping us up, looking at the stars.
"I don't want to leave." He said while still looking at the stars. I didn't want him to. I was afraid of how much I liked Joe. He was going back to London tomorrow and I wanted nothing more than for him to stay. I promised myself it was just going to be a week. I promised myself it was just away to blow off some steam yet here I was wishing he wouldn't go. They all leave don't they?
"Stand up." I said and I started to get up. He followed my order and stood up.
I took both of his hands and held them.
"I'm not going to say good bye. Because this is not good bye. So I'll just say. See you again." I said trying to hold back how much I wanted to cry right now. Joe pulled me in for a deep hug. I rested my head on his shoulder. After a minute or two he squeezed me tight and let go. I could see in his eyes how sad he was. "See you again."
I turned around and walked away before he could see me cry. I walked straight out of his yard and to my car, not daring to look back. I drove home in radio silence.
As I opened the door I saw Juniper looking in the fridge. She saw me come in.
"Hey how was the party?" She asked while grabbing a piece of celery.
I couldn't answer. A little tear rolled down my face. She noticed my grief and walked over to hug me. She yelled behind my shoulder "Mila!" And then I felt four arms around me. It made me feel not so alone.
An hour later as I was laying in bed I got a text from Joe.

Miss you already. See you again.~Joe

I decided not to respond. I didn't know what to say anyway.
I called in sick to work the next day.

~1 month later~
I hadn't talked to Joe since the night before he left to go back to London. It was too difficult. There were a few times I considered calling him but I didn't.
I needed to be ok to be alone and this was a lesson that you don't get close to someone. It's something I had to learn.

I walked into the studio to begin work.
The producer of the romantic comedy we were working on came up to me at my desk. "Hey Rachel we are having a meeting. One of the actors quit the movie so we are discussing back ups and location. It would be a good idea for you to sit in." I agreed and walked into the glass walled conference room.

The director began the meeting "So as you know the actress chosen to play Emma has pulled out. We have some back up actresses but none of them seemed right for the part. I don't want to have a completely new casting call so if anyone knows actresses available lets get in contact with their agents. I want someone new and fresh faced." As he said this I had the perfect idea.
I raised my hand. "I have someone in mind." The whole room turned to look at me.
"Go on," the director implored.
"She is a model and she has acted in a couple of short films and music videos." I was timid to give a quick description with every ones eyes on me.
"Ok have her here in 30 minutes and we'll have her read a scene." The director was desperate I could tell.
I got out my phone and clicked Juniper's number.
"Hey what's up?" She said through the phone.
"Hey are you doing anything right now?" I asked.
"No why?"
"One of the actors backed out of the movie I'm working on. If you can be here in 30 minutes you have a shot at the part."
I just heard dead silence.
"Juniper?" I asked again.
"Oh my god. I'll be there soon." And she immediately hung up the phone.
25 minutes later she was here. I found her in the lobby and led her up to the conference room that the director was in. They handed her some pages and she introduced herself to the room.
"Hi my name is Juniper Macy."
She started the only monologue this character has. Emma wasn't the female lead or anything but she played the female lead's best friend which was a rather important part.
When she was done the room was silent. I tried my best to read the director's face but nothing was giving me any tells of whether or not he liked her.
After a minute he spoke up. "Well it looks like we have got ourselves a new Emma."
Everyone in the room cheered including me.
"Thank you so much." June looked like she was about cry.
"Alright crisis averted." The producer clapped his hands together. "So we're going to start shooting in London in 2 weeks. And Rachel?" He turned toward me.
"Yes sir?" I asked.
"We would like you to come with us. We like your insight." He said. I couldn't believe it.
"Thank you so much sir." I responded and June walked over to hug me.
"Alright I think that's it for today." The director dismissed us and Juniper and I both left for our apartment.
We both burst through the door and Mila walked out of her room.
"MILA JUNEKFNSJSIFJGOTNSNSNDNANNXJFPARTBDNNFINHSBSAHDHEJMOVIEHDHDHINDJDJLONDON" Juniper and I yelled kind of simultaneously.
Mila shook her head a little "ok say that all again but slowly."
I took over "Juniper got a part in my movie and they want me to go to London with the movie in weeks!" I was so excited.
"Oh my god that's amazing! I'm so happy for you two!" She ran over and hugged the both of us.
"And don't worry they're giving us money to cover the month of rent that we are missing." I said while hugging both of them.
"Oh that's not what to focus on. You two are achieving your dreams and it's awesome!" Mila said. She was never a jealous person so she was only happy for us and not jealous that we were going to London.
I should start packing.
I should call Joe.

InternationalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara