- Chapter Twenty -

Start from the beginning

Kai will never change, this is how he is. The mafia is his world, it's his family. I wouldn't want him to change for me, because that would mean he wouldn't be himself. And Kai Bliss is everything I've ever been looking for. I can't deny that, I truly never did.

"I am just sorry that you got trapped into this world, you remind of someone I used to knew," Blake muttered, his voice softening in tone. "Who?" My eyes searching his face as he continued to focus on the traffic ahead. "I remember around eight years ago, nearly nine, that I got asked to protect someone, to look over them— at first, I didn't know who she was, and then I watched her, made sure she came to no harm," Blake confessed, but even as he spoke, he showed no emotion, no sadness, nothing.

"After Hunter Capello told me to back off, and swore that he would protect her, I left and headed to London— to this day, I wondered if I should have continued watching her, to make sure Sofia was safe but I wanted to trust Hunters words more, than rather having anything happen to the Italian princess while under my protection."

"You cared for her," I whispered the truth, and Blake knows it too as he slowly closed his eyes. The traffic hadn't moved so that wasn't the issue. The issue was that I was right— he cared for Sofia Lewis and now Hunter was planning on kidnapping the women, so I should tell him? Would he warn her? If I told him and he did warn Sofia, then I would have not only betrayed Hunter but also Kai, as he brought me to that dinner tonight, and trusted me with the information.

"That's the past now, I haven't been keen on keeping tabs on her," Blake admitted with a shrug, and it's then I decide not to tell him of the plan. What he doesn't know what hurt him, and like he said— he hasn't been keen, on keeping tabs on Sofia. It's not his issue, nor is it Sofia's. This is her fate, despite it being altered by Hunter Capello, this is what was suppose to happen, that's what I believe, despite how harsh it is. "Why?"

Blake sighed as the car began to move once again, "what is this? Twenty-one questions?" His patience now vanishing, I choose then not to ask any more questions in regard to Sofia, it's not my problem, and she was raised in this world, surely she understands what goes on.

"I'll escort you up," and other than the, 'goodnight,' we shared, we waited a second and when the elevator doors opened, Blake never said another word to me. I guess he did prefer the silence, after a while the whole word disappears as the quietness seeks in.

***

"I should've known that it was dumb love, fifteen dozen roses,  all the things that I've done for you not to notice

"I should've known that it was dumb love, fifteen dozen roses,  all the things that I've done for you not to notice... Can't believe I chose you over all my best friends. What the fuck did I do in the end?
Just to not be yours."

The best part of that song!!

***

Promise, we will see more of Blake, and especially more of his relationship with Sofia— it'll give Ele and Hayden vibes, 2.0.

You should already know by now but if you did like the chapters before, and now, please do vote and comment, it allows the story to grow and reach more readers. Also, recommending the book helps out a lot, so if you are enjoying it, please do suggest to others.

 Also, recommending the book helps out a lot, so if you are enjoying it, please do suggest to others

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to follow my Instagram if you want to message me or get updates on the upcoming chapters. multiverseeditsx

 multiverseeditsx

<3