Chapter 2

***Hi my lovely readers. Sorry that I took so much time to update this book. My final exams had started and I needed to concentrate on them.

Today I want to tell you all something. I am not the only author of this book. I and a friend of mine are working on this book, together. If she was writing this, she would start it by saying "Hello humans". That's her way to greet friends. I would love to introduce her to you but she wants to keep her privacy for now.

Well, again sorry for the long break and to repay you, we have a long chapter which we hope that you will like. Happy reading!***

"Guys, I found this near my house. It had a note, saying it's for Ryoko. What should we do now?" Aine said as she reached for her backpack, opening it to take out an egg. It was almost as big as the one I found.

Apart from the size, this egg was quite different from the one I found. It was purple, which made it appear like purple-colored gold.......It had scales all over, and golden spikes on top, looking somewhat like a crown......This description, I could relate it to only one thing.

No, it can't be that.

I went towards the egg. The moment I touched it, beams of bright violet light filled the room, giving the egg an ethereal violet glow. I felt an energy, it felt like someone was trying to contact me.

It said, "Hi Ryoko. I am Zelda, your familiar. The moment you touched my egg, we bonded, that's what destiny wants. I felt an energy, and I knew it could only be my Amica, that's you, Ryoko. So, I helped in the bonding. I am a female Hydra and I hope that you accept me as your familiar. I will soon hatch. It might take a few hours or maybe the rest of today, or maybe till tomorrow afternoon." I smiled and Aine and Terra gave us shocked looks, eyeing both me and Zelda's egg.

Oh My God!
I exclaimed but kept it to myself, I can't believe a Hydra was my familiar!

I gave her a reply, telling her that I will love to be her Amica and I am waiting for her to hatch. I could feel that she was happy with my reply and I suppose, was giggling. Oh gosh, she is just too cute. Even if I haven't seen her yet, her energy is telling the whole tale.

Wait a sec- weren't Hydras extinct for the past fifteen thousand years!!!!

I carefully held the egg and it slowly stopped glowing. I took the egg and sat down carefully. I said, "Hey girls she is my familiar, Zelda. She is a Hydra. She will soon hatch, but it might be till tomorrow afternoon or a lot sooner, so I will stay here and I am skipping school tomorrow, wait- tomorrow is Saturday, so it's a holiday already."

"You mean WE are staying here," they both said at the same time, which made me giggle. I was about to say something when a loud growl, which was soon followed by a roar, interrupted me.

Terra was the first one to go out, followed by me and Aine. Once we all came out, Terra said, "I feel that there is someone around this place. Someone who is not a human. There are three creatures near us. One of them is a kid, a fawn and the other is a fully grown wild bear. The third one is also a kid, of a specie I can't identify. We must stay careful. For now, stay quiet."

Oh yes, did I tell you that Terra's senses are enhanced? She can sense more than anyone on this planet. Her senses are even more than the most powerful vampires on this planet. How do I know? Well, this most powerful Vampire on this planet lives in our town only. She is like our family. Every vampire has one ability which is their main strength, or so Eun unnie had told me, a few days before disappearing. And she asked me to not mention it to anyone. But the weird thing was that she told me not to tell this to anyone and to not ask anyone about their main strength. Terra has enhanced senses, senses stronger than any other vampire. Aine and I are ye-