𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞

chapter 11♪•°•.

"I'm still wondering why you came to the office today." Hana said as they both sat outside their office before finally going home.

"I got 4 offs and Heeseung got 6 but he was like he has nothing to do so he went too," she said while sipping her hot green tea. "How's Hue though?"

"Her fever returned so I went to her school during lunch break and dropped her home. I gave her the medicines and food so she's probably sleeping," Hana informed the girl while looking at her phone.

"I don't think Sunghoon has any project going on? Why didn't he pick her up." Sohee frowned.

"He must be busy," Hana shrugged. She couldn't complain about her work to Sunghoon because he would just ask her to leave it.

"Sunghoon has changed so much," Sohee shook her head as she knew he was probably partying somewhere.

To Sunghoon, earning money for the family was the only duty, everything else he thought should be done by Hana since she was the wife.

"It's okay. It's not like he's not providing for us," Hana smiled as she knew what Sohee was thinking but she couldn't agree with her. If she did, Sohee and Heeseung would definitely make a big deal out of it.

"I'll go now. I need to check on Hyeon." she said and then grinned at Sohee. "You should check on your husband too now."

"Oh yeah..." Sohee smiled while trying her best to constrain it. "We didn't even date for that long and he's already my husband."

"Are you happy about it?" Hana chuckled as she saw her friends shy face while she nodded aggressively.
"Stop you'll get a headache," she said while picking up her bag and phone.
"I'm going now."

"Same," Sohee said while following her to the parking lot. "Oh and Hana! Thank you for all the food you prepared... I'm sure you were super busy already..."

"It's my job to take care of my children?" Hana smiled as she closed the door of her car and waved her goodbye before finally driving off.

"Hyeon," Hana whispered as she slightly peeped inside her room.

She didn't get a reply so she entered hoping not to disturb her sleep. She checked the fever and it had decreased making her sigh out of relief.

Hana changed her to her pajamas and started preparing meals for the week before she'd start cleaning as she didn't want herself to be dirty while cooking.

About 3 hours later she got out of the kitchen while continuously checking on her daughter's fever. She then started cleaning and before she knew, it was already an hour left to midnight.

She poured out porridge and some fruits and chocolate and put it in Hyeon's room in case she felt hungry at night before she could finally go and take a bath.

Hana took out her clothes and threw the dirty ones in the laundry, she liked to get all the work done during weekdays so she could spend all her weekend with her daughter, she would feel guilty otherwise.

Hana checked the water and sighed gratefully as Sunghoon had gotten the water issue checked.

She was almost done when the door opened and she called. "Sunghoon?" receiving a "Hmm" in response.

She shook her head as she didn't want to think of why he was coming back so late. She got the soap off herself and covered her hair in a towel and wore her bathrobe as she stepped out of the shower room.

"What are you doing here.....?" she asked as she saw Sunghoon asleep on the toilet seat.

"Sunghoon," she shook the boy who barely opened his eyes. "O! Hana~" he sang.

"Oof you're drunk," she said while pulling him to his feet. She dragged him to the shower room and switched the temperature to less than lukewarm before pushing him under the water.

"You better get this smell off yourself. Hyeon will probably come to you first thing in the mor-" but her sentence was cut short as Sunghoon pulled her in a tight hug.

"SUNGHOON MY ROBE!!" she cried as it would take a lot of time to dry and she didn't have time to wash any clothes.

"The girl, at the dinner party," he said while still hugging her. "she was flirting with me."

"So? you told her not to?" she played along as she was already fully wet.

"Yeah, she wasn't even a percent as pretty as you," he said which made Hana laugh.

"Good," she said while hoping he would let her get out of the water now.

"Han," he called. "You don't love me do you?" he asked.

"Sunghoon... Who else will I love if not my husband," she said in a muffled voice as water was continuously running down her face.

"I don't know?" he said. "Maybe Jake?"

"What..." Hana pushed herself away from him. "I'll let it go considering you're drunk right now." she said while turning to the door.

"See! You're not even bothered about what I think! You don't care about me!" he said while she looked at him, stunned at his audacity.

"Sunghoon, I care about you, I care about our relationship and I care about our family that is exactly why I am ignoring the outrageous comment you just passed." she scoffed as she felt her eyes stinging with tears waiting to escape the first chance they got.

"Get out if you're sober." she said and left without another word.

She changed into dry clothes and dried her hair which took her half an hour. She reached to her bed after closing the lights when she felt arms around her waist.

She turned to the boy who was standing in front of her without a shirt with his hair still wet.

"Just wearing dry trousers won't cut it. Wear a shirt before you catch a cold," she said as she tried to pull out of his arms and get him a shirt from the cupboard but she didn't get a chance and Sunghoon came closer and kissed her.

She could feel his wet lips and water drops falling on her off his hair. She kissed the boy back.

"Here we go again."

ꨄ︎♪•°•.