Chapter 20 Steve's Identity

Chapter 20 

When Zhier rescued me and brought me back home, I immediately fell asleep.

I am pretty certain that I am in a dream again because there's no way that I can stand on a cloud. These days, it's pretty rare for me to even have any dreams that I can remember. It's not strange, though, because my mind is mostly occupied with studies these days.

"Hey, Livia, over here!" To hear that familiar voice in my dreams makes me feel so nostalgic and at home, as strange as that sounds considering that I am in a dream.

"Steve!" I feel so light that all of my worries immediately vanish when I see the familiar figure of my dream buddy. Even though it isn't real, seeing a human just feels so good that I immediately throw myself at him. I immediately feel his warmth when I embrace him. "It's so good to see you!"

Steve's lilting chuckle echoes in my head as he turns around to look at me. "Wow. You seem stressed. What happened to you!?" In light of his joke, he receives a gentle tap on the arm. "I'm kidding!" To his amusement, he rubs the spot on his body where I hit him. "You always look nice. You even look extra divine seeing as how I have missed you."

Is it because I haven't been dreaming in a while that I'm suddenly feeling shy, or did Steve always have these corny lines with him?

I temporarily averted my gaze so he couldn't see how embarrassed I was by his words. "It's not my fault that you don't appear that often. I don't control my dream, you know." "Sorry. Well, the important thing is that we're here now." Steve says, trying to lighten the conversation. "Livia, can you give me your hand?"

I turn to him curiously. "My hand? Why?"

Instead of answering me, Steve just continues to offer me his hand. I tell myself that it is Steve, and it is safe for me to trust him. I accepted his hand, and he immediately started pulling me towards him.

"Where would you like us to go today?"

"Hmm...I haven't seen the northern lights yet. Plus, I really miss the earth and the sky." It's rare for me to make a suggestion, but being in the fairy realm for so long made me miss looking out at the sky without the fear of some dark creature flying down to bite your face.

"As the princess wish. Close your eyes for me for a second." Even though he asked me nicely, he still covered my eyes with his hand. I hear a snap of his fingers before I hear him speak again. "Alright, my lady. You may open them now."

When I open my eyes, I see that we are standing on top of a snowy mountain. Over at the horizon, the colorful northern lights begin to dance before us like alluring ribbons. Steve and I begin to sit on a snowy patch. He's wearing pants and a shirt, while I am wearing something similar.

"Weird. I don't feel cold at all."

"Of course, we are in a dream after all." He looks at me and grins. "But if you wish to feel the snow, I am feeling a little generous with my magic today."

"Thanks for the offer, but I would like to enjoy the view without thinking about the cold." I let out a satisfied breath when I lay down on my back. Steve soon followed my movement.

"Livia?"

"Hmm?"

"Does the fairy realm still scare you?" It was a question that I never thought he would bring up. My momentary joy soon starts to fade when I remember where my old body is right now.

"I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared." I admit, which somehow feels good to be honest. "I keep having trouble what color of food to eat from red or blue."