"Ren and I got him, Zhara," Cobra says as we approach the van, probably noticing my pained expression. Ren hurries toward us, carefully swapping places with me so they could get him into the van easier. 

No relief comes to my back when I stand up straight, it only aches as I follow after the men. 

There's a sour feeling in my throat when I don't see Zion inside the van, but Matteo is sitting inside on the phone. He just watches as I make my way to Flynn's side, helping him press down on the wound. 

"Ren, make the drive as smooth as you can, please," I request, and I see him nod at me in the mirror. Cobra comes up beside me, tapping the side of Flynn's cheek. 

"Stay with us, man. We're almost to the safe house."

I look over my shoulder to see Matteo with his head in his hands, and I try my hardest to hold back the words I want to say right now. 

What the fuck does he have to be upset about? 

"Zhara," it's barely a whisper, but I hear it. I turn to Flynn, leaning closer so he doesn't have to strain his breathing to speak. 

"Mhm?"

"I'm sorry for what they did to you," he murmured, using his free hand to squeeze my own. 

I shake my head, "You have nothing to be sorry about, Flynn. I'm good."

"Save your breath, okay?" I look out the window, watching as we pull into the long driveway, "We're almost there."

I turn to see Cobra already on the phone with what seems to be a doctor, and I hold back my question about it. 

I give him a small smile in gratitude, and he gives me an assertive nod. I see Matteo staring over in the corner of my eye, and I just want to fucking punch him. 

The house is huge, which I wasn't surprised about, but it also had complete isolation. 

The absolute second the van stops near the entrance, Cobra pulls open the door and I pick Flynn's upper body up. Ren is quick to get out and help me get down, and Flynn grunts when he gets to his feet. 

There are multiple people I don't recognize who comes barreling towards us, shouting Italian, and ordering each other around. A woman and a man give me an assuring look, reaching to help Flynn get into the house. They eventually pull him completely off of me, and I'm left standing there as they tell me something about getting him to safety. I don't really process much as I watch the doctors hurry to help him inside, and Cobra and Ren follow after them. 

Hearing gravel crunch behind me, I glance over my shoulder. Matteo stands there, a look I cannot read on his face. 

I take a deep breath, turning away from him. 

"I truly do not understand what it is with you people," I say quietly, leaving the condescending tone out of my voice. Although I wanted to make him hear how I felt, I knew that wouldn't help anyone. 

Staring down at the gravel road leading up to the paved steps, I shut my eyes for a second. 

"You and your brother," I sigh out in disbelief, shaking my head, "Even when you get what you want, you always need more."

And with that, I walk toward the door, not an ounce of my body wanting to look back. 

~***~

My legs finally give out when I sit down at what seems to be a dining table. There are people walking around to get to certain places carrying lots of different things, and for once, no one notices me.