twenty-four

**Rafe's POV**

We must have passed out after we fucked, because I wake up to my face being stuffed in her neck. I smile and breathe in her scent. I place my lips on her neck and bite her skin gently.

She stirs in her sleep and brings her hands to the back of my head. When I start to suck her skin, her eyes bolt open. 

"Rafe, no hickeys-" she tries.

I don't relent. 

"I'm being serious! If my dad sees it I'm dead!" she giggles as I pull away and kiss her collarbone.

I bite her bottom lip. "I could kiss you forever, princess." As if on queue, my phone dings. I try to ignore it, but whoever it is keeps spamming me.

Y/N laughs. "Aren't you going to get that?"

I interrupt her by placing kisses everywhere from her tits to her lips and everywhere in between. "No, I'm kinda busy right now."

But the ringing doesn't stop. 

I feel her smile against my lips and she taps my shoulder, gently pushing me away. "Answer it. It's probably important."

I groan and let go of her, grabbing my phone off my nightstand. Seeing that the messages are from Topp and Kelce, I mutter a quiet, "Shit," remembering that I was supposed to meet them at the gym in the country club this morning.

I turn to her and my words get caught in my throat when I take in her looks. Her lips and plump and red from me devouring her. There are bite marks and hickeys all over her chest and neck. 

Fuck.

I can feel myself start to get hard, so I turn around and put on a pair of discarded boxers that are on my floor from last night. After they're on, I turn to her with apologetic eyes. I pull the sheets over my crotch and cup her face with both of my hands. "Baby I have to take off. I promised Topp and Kelce I'd go to the gym later."

She nods and leans in for a kiss. "Okay. Bye, have fun."

I get off the bed and walk to my closet. 

"Hey Rafe, hide your boners better!" she shouts at me. I look down and see that I have morning wood.

I throw my head over my shoulder and see that she's laughing. I flip her off as I walk into my closet to get some workout clothes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As soon as the boys see me, Topper is telling me how someone sunk his brand-new Malibu. He says he knows that it was the Pogues.

"My mom thinks that I did it," Topper spits out while doing pull-ups. "Even though there's no way that I could've."

"I mean, how?" I ask. I was going to lift, but Kelce beat me to it. I walk over toward the other hex bar and begin to place heavier weights on the ends. Kelce was playing some of his rap music to get us "in the zone," or at least that's what he claims.

Topper drops down and picks up his water bottle, his breath heavy. "It's always my fault, no matter what. She just- she just wants me to be this little robot that- that just checks her boxes," he vents. "You know what I mean? SAT prep? Check! Serving food at the shelter? Check! I mean, I do- I literally do everything that she wants, and I'm sick of it."

To be honest, I wasn't really listening... I was too focused on counting my reps. However, a thought pops into my head and it enrages me. "Well, we know who did it, right?"

Anger takes over Kelce's facial expression as he drops his weights. "It was that little geek, Pope."

I can see the moment that it dawns on Topper. "Pope, yeah... Rafe, if you wouldn't have jumped him on the golf course, I'd still have a boat, right?"