Four

It was finally six and Genvi was finished with her last task which was making sure Lucas was showered and ready for bed.

Tonight was Flavia's day to make dinner so after being given the permission to leave, she made her way to the guest house.

Abbi was sitting in the livingroom scrolling on her phone. When she heard footsteps she looked up making eye contact with Genvi. She had a mean look on her face and that was only because Flavia was having dinner with Luca.

The contract stated that the person who made dinner that day was allowed to eat with them.

Genvi walked to her room closing the door behind her, she went into her closet to change her clothes. Five minutes had already passed and she needed to leave as soon as possible.

She sent a text message to her sister letting her know that she was on the way. The ride to her sister's house would take atleast seventeen minutes if the traffic wasn't as busy.

She made it to her sister's apartment and was greeted by her sister rushing out the door. "Thank you so much, see you later."

Genvi closed the door behind her walking into the living room where the kids were watching TV.

"Hey auntie," her seven year old niece Mia said standing up to hug her. Her older brother Nathan and younger brother Liam followed suit.

She gave each of them a hug and took a seat on the couch next to them.

Frozen 2 was playing on the screen and Olaf was currently having a mental breakdown.

"Food?" Liam ask climbing on her lap. She assumed that her sister would have atleast fed them before leaving. She got up from her comfortable spot on the couch with him on her hips.

The kitchen was fairly small compared to the two kitchens she has been in the pass few days. Especially the kitchen of the main house.

She was basically scavenger hunting for something to give them other than cereal. And another reason being there was enough milk for all three kids. She opened the fridge seeing there was three eggs.

She was trying to decide on a egg sandwich or cheese eggs and grits.

"Grits or sandwich?"

"Sandwich."

"Grits."

"Grits,"

She placed Liam down and started boiling the water for the grits. She was making it the way her father taugh her when she was a young girl. The recipe sticked with her growing up and she would often make it for her sister.

While the water was heating up she grabbed the grits from inside the cupboard. Her attention went to the Tv seeing Olaf melting.

All eyes were on the movie waiting to see what would happen next.

She add a teaspoon of sugar into the water and the poured the grits into the water. She let it all come together for three minutes before she started mixing. She grabbed the cinammon sugar and poured some into it.

She continued to mix until she was sure everything was dissolved before turning it to low heat. Now it was time to start on the eggs.

She grabbed a bowl and use the counter to break all three into the bowl. The only cheese her sister had was the block of cheddar so she started grating the cheese over the bowl. When there was enough cheese she added salt and pepper before mixing.

"Auntie, when will we be able too see Gran gran?" her niece asked her while she was pouring the mixture into the pan.

Genvi did not know what to respond. She didn't know what her sister told them.