Chapter Eight: It's Goin' Down

The next day, while I was helping my dad, Evie and Mal came in, telling me to follow them. It took them an entire day to come and get me. Mal defiantly did something wrong yesterday. I bid my father goodbye again and followed the two to where the Limo was. There, Jay and Carlos arrived with Lonnie, daughter of Mulan and Li Shang.

She told the boys to take her with them. But that wasn't the only person who was there. Dude came too. He told Carlos that he flunked obedience class. And he can still talk. Great. Before we went to Pirate's Bay, Mal asked Carlos to see something. It was Fairy Godmother's wand. I was about to ask when Jay said it was a fake to trick Uma.

That really depends on how gullible she is. Jay had also brought some swords with him. Someone's prepared for a fight. Right, now let's get Ben. We went through a pipe that led to Pirate's Bay. Maybe every pirate on the Isle was here. And they had Ben ready to walk the plank. Harry welcomed us and I could sense a song coming up.

'Huh, let's get this party started. I swear I'm cold-hearted. There's no negotiation. I'm not here for debatin'. You need some motivation? Just look at Ben's face then ask yourself how long you think I'll remain patient. I'll throw him overboard and let him swim with killer sharks. You either hand over the wand or he'll be ripped apart,' Uma told Mal.

'Now, let's all just be smart although for you that must be hard. You'll get your wand. No one has to come to any harm. Don't try to intimidate, your bark is much worse than your bite. Who's the baddest of them all? I guess we're finding out tonight,' Mal said

'Let's go, bring it on. Better give us what we want. It's the wand for the crown. If you don't, it's going down,' every pirate sang.

'Let's go, make your move. Peace or war, it's up to you. Give him up and do it now. If you don't, it's going down,' the VKs sang except me.

'We want the wand or else the king is gone. Your time is running out. You should really watch your mouth.'

'Let's go, pound for pound. We're prepared to stand our ground. Put your swords up, put 'em up. It's going down.'

'Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, make the trade. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, or walk the plank. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, make the trade. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, or walk the plank.'

The VK's had a small conversation before Mal turned around and confronted Uma, 'Ok, look, this is not a conversation, it's a do-or-die situation. If you don't give me back the king I'll have no hesitation. I'll serve you right here and I don't need a reservation that way your whole pirate crew can have a demonstration. Release him now, and we can go our separate ways unless you wanna deal with me and the VKs.'

'So that's your big speech, huh?' Uma asked, 'An empty ultimatum?'

'All it takes is one swing and I'll humiliate him,' Harry told Mal, 'Matter of fact, make one wrong move and I'll debilitate him and if he even starts to slip, I'll eliminate him. All it takes is one wrong look and I'll---'

"Harry! We get it. Chill," Uma said pushing him away.

'Let's go, bring it on. Better give us what we want. It's the wand for the crown. If you don't, it's going down.'

'Let's go, make your move. Peace or war, it's up to you. Give him up and do it now. If you don't, it's going down.'

'We want the wand or else the king is gone. Your time is running out. You should really watch your mouth.'

'Let's go, pound for pound. We're prepared to stand our ground. Put your swords up, put 'em up. It's going down.'

'Hey, we don't have to choose. We don't have to light the fuse. Mal, whatever you do, it's gonna be a lose-lose. There's gotta be a better way!' Ben turned to Uma, 'Uma, I promise I'll give you your chance. You'll have your say!'

'Silly king! You? Give me? You're gonna give me a chance? Well, not a chance!' Uma told him.

'Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, make the trade. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, or walk the plank. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, make the trade. Yo-ho, ho-oh, oh-oh, or walk the plank.'

Mal went to give Uma Fairy Godmother's wand but Uma told her to test it out first. Mal tried it on Dude who appeared just now. She pretended to cast a spell that would make him talk. So the talking dog is useful. It convinced Uma who ordered Mal to give her the wand. But Mal shot back demanding Ben. So, Harry brought Ben over to let him go. Harry cut Ben loose and the trade was done. We tried to get Ben out of there as fast as we could but he was panicking over Mal giving Uma the wand.

Uma soon realised it was a fake and snapped it in half. Fight time. Carlos fired some smoke bombs at the ship while we each grabbed a sword. Everyone took their pirate to fight and I got mine. Which was Gil. Great. Now I'm glad I took sword fight lessons from Harry all those years ago otherwise I would be running. Too bad we made a deal that tore us apart. But that's not important. I fought off Gil before finally leaving with the others. We all got into the Limo and headed back to Auradon.

"I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," Ben apologised to Mal

"I mean... as long as you're safe, that's..." Mal was too exhausted to say anything

"Well, I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that."

"Ben, Uma captured you."

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal."

Things instantly went quiet. 

"Awkward," Dude said

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should," Carlos told him

Things were quiet the rest of the way back. And maybe that was a good thing.