Chapter Twelve: Until the Night Falls

Watching from the scepter, we watched the gang of VKs walk into a room full of suits of armor and a random platform in the middle. In the group was Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Uma, Harry, Gil, Celia, the daughter of Dr. Facilier, and Dude. I listened to the conversation Mal and Uma had.

"I bet you lost some sleep thinking about me on the loose, huh?" Uma asked Mal.

"No. Dragons don't really lose sleep," Mal suddenly had a thought, "I wonder what fried octopus tastes like."

"Okay. Why do we not-"

"We're celebrating our differences," Uma said interrupting Evie.

Audrey then cast a spell to make one of the suits of armor move. Harry noticed.

"I believe we're being challenged," Harry told the girls.

"Let's split up and look for Audrey," Uma said ignoring Harry.

"That makes absolutely no sense. Unless you give me my ember, she's going to spell you," Mal told her.

Audrey made the suit of armor move again.

"Girls!" Harry shouted finally getting their attention, "we have a situation here."

"Do you like a prince, Mal?" Audrey asked through the armor, "how about a knight in shining armor? Or knights?"

Audrey laughed and the armor got into a fight position while the others came to life too doing the exact same thing.

'Watch your back, watch your back. Watch your back, watch your back,' everyone started to sing, 'We can counter their attack. Hit 'em 'til the armor cracks.'

The boys grabbed some display swords and handed them to everyone. 

'This could get a little sticky. How to win this battle could be tricky but I know the best way, fall back, let me lead. You hold the line and we'll bring them to their knees,' Uma told everyone.

'Swords in the air if you're with me. They got us outnumbered one to fifty but victory is ours 'cause I got a strategy. You take the left and the rest of you can follow me,' Mal told everyone.

"Uh-uh," Uma disagreed.

'This is my crew,' Mal told her.

'This is my squad.'

'This is my turf.'

'Oh my gosh,' Evie broke them up, 'Look, guys, we've got bigger fish to fry. Put your differences aside 'cause right now we're on the same side. Until the night falls, everyone.'

'We'll stay together 'til the battle is done,' Everyone sang, 'Watch your back, watch your back. Watch your back, watch your back. We can counter their attack. Hit 'em 'til the armor cracks.'

'Until the night falls, we're aligned. It doesn't mean that we're on the same side,' the girls sang.

'Watch your back, watch your back. Watch your back, watch your back. Hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast. They're too heavy to react.'

'This situation's getting kinda heavy. Hold your weapons tight, keep 'em steady. 'Cause if we stick together, we can make it out alive. I will cause a distraction, you attack them from the side,' Mal ordered.

'All my soldiers stand at the ready. We can cut 'em up like confetti. We'll hit 'em from the front, you counter from behind. Don't forget the fate of Auradon's on the line,' Uma told everyone.

'This is all-out war, they got us outnumbered. The way the swords clash is the sound of the thunder.'

"And we are not going under, we will never run for cover!" Mal said.

'We battle for the victory and ride for each other.'

'Until the night falls, everyone,' Evie stepped in again.

'We'll stay together 'til the battle is done,' the girls said.

'Back to back, back to back. Back to back, back to back. We can counter their attack. Hit 'em 'til the armor cracks.'

'Until the night falls, we're aligned. It doesn't mean that we're on the same side.'

'Back to back, back to back. Back to back, back to back. Hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast. They're too heavy to react.'

The suits of armor did a little dance while they watched before Uma and Mal both hit one of them with their swords causing all of them to electrify. Mal got on the platform and chanted a spell.

"Suit of armor strong and true, make this metal bust a move!"

Mal started dancing and the armor did the same movements. Uma's turn and they did the same. Carlos next. Guess what happened. Then they all started dancing making them do what we wanted. It looked really fun. I should learn that spell.

'Until the night falls, you can trust,' Evie sang.

'I'm gonna help you win this battle because,' the girls sang

'I got your back, got your back, got your back, got your backAll for one and that's a fact. Knights fall, pitch black.' 

All the armor went into the middle of the room and became lifeless. Audrey screeched, annoyed. I could only smirk at her failure. We stopped watching from there. Well, Audrey did. She ordered me to spy on them for a while and not to interact with them unless ordered. So, I left to do as I was told. The boys and girls had split up. At first, the girls went to Audrey's dorm to find any clues as to where Audrey would be.

Uma discovered that Audrey was likely at the cottage. I then went to spy on the boys. They were trying to find Ben with help from Dude. When they got boring, I went to the girls again to see that they went to Evie's cottage to wait for the boys. Only to find Dizzy, the Smee twins, and Doug asleep. Evie used true love's kiss to wake them. I watched the girls for a while longer. I overheard Mal thanking Uma for suggesting checking Audrey's dorm. Now they were closer to stopping Audrey.

Who had apparently been watching the entire time because she commanded me to trap them all in the cottage. With the dagger in her possession, I can hear her voice in my head when she's giving me commands. So, I used my magic to trap them all in the cottage. Not that it lasted long because both Mal and Uma broke my spell. And the boys arrived at the cottage with Ben and Jane. I didn't stick around long because Audrey ordered me to return to her. So, I teleported to her and we left the cottage. But we left Chad trapped in a closet. Hurry up, everyone. I can't stand this anymore.