"You've changed so much," she mumbled as she looked at me.

"Handsome... always have been," she sent me a small smile.

"Hi mom," I finally uttered those words.

"Who are you sweetie?" My mama questioned Samora who stood behind me.

"I'm Samora, his child's mother." She responded

I could see the mug on Mani's face when she said that.

"Oh wow! Where is my grand baby?" She questioned as she looked around.

"Unfortunately she didn't make it... its only been about a month or so, so we're both still reeling from the situation," Mama explained.

"I'm so sorry; I struggled with pregnancy up until I had this one," my mom spoke— referring to me.

"We'll try again another time, I'm sure." Samora looked at me and I just looked at her cause its nice to know she would want to try again with me.

$$$

"Can I talk to you baby?" My mama spoke as she grabbed me by my hand.

"Stay calm," I mouthed to Samora since Mani was still here.

She sent me a look but came and kissed my cheek before disappearing into the bedroom.

"Wassup... you look good," I complimented my mom.

She had on a black fitted pant suit, some black pumps and her hair was pinned up real nice.

Red lipstick decorated her lips.

"I got into real estate... went off to get clean so thats why I been gone the past year. I know I haven't been the best mother to you and Imaan but I would love you if you'd let me try again; for both of yall," my mom grabbed my hands as she spoke to me.

"We'll see. Every time you say this; you end up leaving and it breaks Imaan down even more. She's been through enough these past couple of months," I expressed.

"Yeah, whats been goin on?" My mom spoke as she played with her fingers.

"Sum you need to talk to Imaan about. Its not my place nor is it sum you get over easily," I mumbled as I eyed my mother.

My mom didn't know about my abuse and I don't think I'll ever tell her because I know she'll probably just flake cause its too much to handle.

Thats what she is known for, leaving us high and dry all the time while she did God knows what.

We know she was on drugs, but the amount of times she left us behind really caused a lot of bad things to happen.

Ion see how she gon come back from that.

Imaan only been in this world for 8 years; so I know she'll forgive her easily but me... she gon have to work for it.

"I'll talk to her, and if there's anything that you want to tell me... I'm here always."

I just nodded; "why are you here mom?"

"And with her, at that," I spoke up referring to Mani.

"I bought a small house out here, about 3 beds... 2 baths but the bathrooms are still being taken care of. Do you think we could stay here for a few weeks until its done?" My mama questioned me.

"Yes please!" I heard my sister scream as she ran into the kitchen with Ky'mani.

"Please let them stay booda!" Imaan yelled as she held onto my hand.

My mom could... ion know about Ky.

"Mommy could," I trailed on.

"Its fine, I'll get a hotel." Ky'mani spoke up as she looked at me.

"Yeah; that's a good idea."

Ky rolled her eyes onna sly; but I saw her.

She looked good; not gon lie.

This ginger hair was nice on her... but she's apart of my past for a reason.

$$$

As everyone is settling in, there's hard banging at my front door.

My jaw clenched as I grabbed my gun, my mom noticed and gasped... but she was just dramatic.

Mama came running out; close behind me yall.

"Its Salem," she mumbled.

"Why he here?" I questioned her.

"I told him our daughter wasn't his and he has been trynna find me for a few days now."

"I thought he already kn-," Mama cut me off as she slowly opened the door.

Before she could say anything; Salem yanked her up by her throat and started to shake her forcefully.

I tuck my gun in my jeans and cracked him in his shit; making mama fall.

"Kas, no. I'm okay," she mumbled as she gasped for air but I wasn't hearing that.

He gon stop manhandling my woman.

Salem and I started throwing blows back and forth; catching each other off guard every once in a while.

I wasn't letting up either, this nigga gon feel me.

"SALEM STOP!" Samora yelled and this stopped him for a brief moment so I took this opportunity to cock my fist back and punch him dead in his shit, sending him flying down.

"YEAH KAS!" Ky's messy ass hyped me up.

"Bring your dumbass on," Salem roared at Mora who quickly gave me a once over before following behind him.

I just laughed.

Never again, I'm done.

"Keep your distance yo," I called out to Samora as I flexed my jaw and went back in the crib.

I was so done.

She is cut off, completely.

His Ex Ky'Mani — She's 24

____________________________
_______________

Vote & Comment. ✨