Before I could speak though, he pulled a wad of cash out of his jacket pocket. "I got the money."

***

Tuesday night came around quick, and Alyssa and Caleb took turns staying at my apartment with me, much to Nash's annoyance.

"All I'm saying is, it'd be better if she had someone there who could actually protect her if they came back. Not some tiny little goth chick and 'Ken'." Caleb looked like he was trying to glare a hole in the back of Nash's head, and I don't think Alyssa would have minded if he did.

In the end I had made the decision that they would take turns, saying that I didn't need protecting and that I'd feel more comfortable if it were Caleb and Alyssa. In truth, I just didn't trust myself to be alone with Cameron or Nash.

Now though, six people crowded my small apartment. Most of the furniture had to go, so there was a bit more space than usual, but nowhere to sit but the floor.

"What's the plan for tonight?" Jack asked as he shoved a forkful of Chinese food into his mouth. Sweet and sour pork on egg fried rice; apparently it was the group's favorite.

Nash cleared his throat from the opposite side of the room, setting his fork on his plate. "We go there at one thirty, give them the money, and get Lani back." I could only hope it would be that simple.

Lani had gotten herself mixed up with the wrong people in the past, and in turn gotten me mixed up with them too. But they'd never kidnapped her, or even wanted that much money. I had known she gambled often, and she hardly ever paid rent or power. There were times though, where she gambled too much and lost everything and ran. That was when we had people knocking on our door.

Cam let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm telling you, we should have gone to the police. These people are dangerous, and quite frankly I'm not willing to put my life, or anyone else's life, on the line for someone stupid enough to get themselves in this mess in the first place." A sudden fury rose up inside of me and I found myself clenching my fists.

"Well if you don't want to help then just leave. We don't need someone who's going to hesitate to have our backs if something goes wrong," I snapped at him, my stomach lurching almost painfully.

I wasn't mad at him, not at all, yet I couldn't stop myself from arguing with him. He didn't miss a beat, rising to his feet and pulling on his sweatshirt, before he stormed toward the door, pausing there.

"You make it sound like we're going to war, when in reality your friend just made a stupid decision that didn't only affect her. I'm sorry if I don't want to get my head shot off for nothing." With that, he he pulled open the door and disappeared, leaving my apartment resonating with the slam.

Everyone was quiet for a moment, before Genevieve sighed. "We should start getting ready."

***

Cameron's P.O.V

That girl was insane. She drove me insane. So bloody stubborn and defiant, wouldn't listen to anyone else's ideas.

I tried to remove the scowl from my face as I burst out of her building but failed miserably, instead pausing at the top of the small staircase and staring out across the street. I hadn't wanted to leave, not at all, but she got me so angry I reacted without thinking.

I was just worried about her, and my friends. I didn't want to see anyone get hurt and I knew that going to the police would minimise that possibility. I sighed as rain started to pour, and flipped the hood of my jumper up.

Willow, please don't do anything stupid. She was reckless, and just a little irresistible. Stop Cam, she's your best friend's girl. I wanted to punch myself in the face, or better yet, have Nash punch me in the face. It wasn't right to have these thoughts about her, not when she wasn't mine, not when she was with someone who was basically my brother.

A figure emerged in front of me suddenly, their hand raised level with my chest. I stopped in my tracks as I heard the unmistakable sound of a gun cocking. "Come with me if you want to live."

***

Willow's P.O.V

Amidst our planning, the swift scratch of paper sliding underneath my apartment door sounded, silencing us. Everyone stared at each other momentarily, before Alyssa got to her feet and retrieved the paper.

Even from a distance I recognized the blood red ink against the stark whiteness of the paper, and felt my heart all but stop in my chest.

I broke out in a small sweat, a slight ringing in my ears. Alyssa was paler than usual as her eyes skimmed the note, and I pushed myself to my feet.

"Give it here." I held out my hand to her, and she paused. "Alyssa, give it to me." She hesitated a moment more, before passing it over.

As I read, I felt someone appear behind me, Nash, I realized. But even he couldn't make my blood unfreeze in my veins.

Dear Willow,
It seems that your friend has been rather uncooperative, and due to this we've had increase our asking price to $10,000. To ensure your collaboration, we have taken another of your friends into our care. Please arrive at the requested destination at the same time. Fail to do so will result in the harm of one or more of your friends.

Sincerely, R.

Cam.

A/N
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated! New chapter for y'all, sorry if you don't like the mixed P.O.V's!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

-sillysmiles_