"I knew you'd be late." Nigel finally speaks to him, causing Evan to sneer.

"What do you mean that you knew I'd be late?"

"What I just said. People like you don't abide by the rules, it's either your way or the highway. So when I say I knew you'd be late, I knew you'd be late. You proved me right." Nigel states firmly, Evan just looking at him in annoyance. "School doesn't start until eight-thirty, until then, I'm going to show you the ropes of the library."

Evan allowed himself to groan as Nigel's back was now to him. Following behind him with reluctance, he was taken back to that forsaken place.

The lights only dimly lit and the blinds not even open yet. He could see the sun rays peering through as the sun rose.

He stood at the counter now, seeing Nigel hand him an iPad that had a whole page full of names. Books beside their names and what appeared to be the dates the books were supposed to be returned, as well as the date they took them out.

"Here, you will be checking if these people have returned their books on time. You can check by looking on the computer, but if you can't find a book - you have to check for yourself. Sometimes some books share the same titles and the systems become confused, very rarely is that the case. If someone's book is overdue, you simply slip one of these envelopes into their locker." Nigel explained to him, and Evan glared at him the whole time. "That's one of the easy tasks."

"This isn't easy at all! I have never even been through the library here. The last time I ever did anything in a library, I was in elementary school. This library is also way bigger, as is the school. I can't just be that one kid who puts overdue notices into peoples lockers like some tax collector, but for books! It's embarrassing!" Evan calls out the whole ordeal, seeing Nigel not even look fazed by his words. "If you love doing this job so much, why don't you do it?"

Evan waved the iPad in front of Nigel, wiggling his eyebrows as if this was some catch. Watching as Nigel turned away and began to work on something else, he sneered.

Now he looked down, seeing all of the names and he was already tired just from looking at it. Then for the library to be so quiet, warm, and dimly lit...?

He couldn't help but yawn, not used to even being up this early. Because he usually woke up at an hour before he had to leave for school, so seven-thirty. Now he was waking up practically two hours later, but that was just today because he was late.

He'll have to get up before six now...

Suddenly, he saw five envelopes be placed in front of him, a list of people's names and lockers on it given as well. Looking up, he saw Nigel looking at him like he still wasn't surprised.

"I already did the first page as you stood there for ten minutes dozing off, those people are the ones who are overdue. No one is here right now, so no one will see you put the envelopes in." Nigel tells Evan who grabbed the envelopes and list. "Is that too much to ask from you?"

Evan just looked at him, seeing Nigel look at him in boredom. Like he wasn't expecting him to even do what he asked.

And he was right.

"Look, about what happened yesterday," Evan started, grabbing the envelopes as he started to pretend like he was sorting through them, "This...Mason dude, when do you plan on having this date?"

"That's really none of your business." Nigel scoffed at him, causing Evan to nod.

"That's true, true; but, I'm just going to be honest with you. You...don't look like you know how to have a good date." Evan just tells Nigel straight up, causing him to look away. Only for Evan to turn so that he saw his lips when he spoke. "Hear me out, I'm saying this because you dress...really bad. You're kinda awkward and you literally chose to work here, so I already know you're just naturally boring."