six: potential competitors

Sydney
I pull up in front of our apartment complex and I see Jordan already waiting outside with the wagon we have to carry stuff. We all help unload my trunk and I tell Jordan and Juan to go upstairs so I can go ahead and look for a parking space. It didn't take that much time thank the lord because a lot of people have been moving in lately.

By the time I got upstairs the boys were almost done with putting all the groceries up. I go to my room so I can get some alone time, because being that the grocery store with Juan was a lot. As soon as I laid Don my phone starts ringing and I groan due to my me time being interrupted. I see that the girls want to do a Group FaceTime call and i hit the join button. By the girls I mean Ayesha, Sydel, and Mychal I've been getting more acquainted with Ayesha and Sydel as of lately and they're really cool. With our busy schedules we really don't see reach other outside of group stuff with the couples stuff.

"Syd the kid!"

Not even a few seconds after that Juan comes rushing in my room and snatched my phone out of my hand.

"Me and Jordan are the only ones that can call her that got it?"

I snatch my phone back and mush his head making the girls laugh.

"First of all don't bust in my room like you are the damn police and aren't you suppose to be making dinner?"

"Jordan taking over for me."

"No go in there and don't bother me until it's ready."

I push him out the room and allow the animals to come in before locking my door. Laying on the bed, Kota, Thanos, and Kai join laying towards the edge.

"Damn why were you being mean to Juan?"

"He's been saying slick shit and I don't want to go into detail", I sigh.

They all shook their heads understanding their request. I hear more knocking on my door and I groan twisting the lock to see Jordan holding a pot and a spoon. I was going to say something but he forces the spoon in my mouth and I immediately start chewing the rice. Amazed wasn't even the word. Jordan had come a long way, because this boy couldn't even make a hot pocket without setting the alarm off when he first moved it.

"Wow this is really good Jordan", I smile.

"Better than Ayesha's?"

"Alright now not too much", she says over the phone.

He walks back over to the kitchen and I see Juan cooking up the meat in the pan. I just hope they don't burn the place down.

Jordan
I look over to Juan to see him seasoning the meat and humming whatever song was stuck in his head. Some intel was brought to me after practice and I just want to see if it's true. Juan being here is cool he's like a brother to me so it's not like we have a stranger walking around. As long as he doesn't have any crazy shit pop off we good, but he does eat a lot though that's my only thing.

"How was your time after practice?"

"It was good got a few extra shots in. How was the grocery store with Syd?"

"It was cool I didn't know she was so funny", he smiles.

I know that smile from anywhere...he was feeling her. I don't understand how and why though when he just got out of a lengthy relationship.

"Juan do you like Sydney?"

words from micaiah🪷
wanted to leave this chapter on a cliff hanger hehehehe