two: game night

Sydney
A breath falls out of my mouth as I step back looking at the kitchen island. I finished making all the food and setting up the snack area for our game night. I'm so excited because with me being busy with work it was much needed. Jordan has already pulled out all the board and card games so we can be in individual circles and then meet up for one big game. During all of the cooking I was also getting my hair ready so I can shower and then take it out of the rollers and be good. Kota enters the kitchen and I smile picking him up.

"Are you going to be a good boy tonight when everyone over?"

He blinks a few times making me laugh.

"I don't even know why I'm asking you're probably going to go into the room with your brother."

Jordan entered the kitchen taking him out of my arms and walking away.

"How are you going to take my hood away from me?"

"He's my child too plus you need to start getting ready."

His Apple Watch goes off and he looks back up to me.

"Go I'm putting you on a timer."

I rush to the bathroom because Jordan and I are very similar when it comes to situations like this.

• • •

The doorbell goes off and I rush to the door with Jordan hot on my tail. Opening I see Mychal and Andrew and I squeal hugging my best friend.

"Why is your hair still in rollers?"

"I fell behind schedule want to help me take them out?"

"Of course because Hazel said they're not too far behind."

Jordan
I go to the fridge and grab Wiggs a water bottle since he really doesn't drink like that. Syd turned twenty one not too long ago and her liquor and wine cabinet goes crazy but she gets the bottle more for aesthetics and party starter.

"Sooooo how are things between you and Syd?"

I give him a look and drink my water to avoid answering the question. There is something that I've been hiding from Sydney and only Mychal and some of my teammates know about it.

I've had a crush on here since I saw her come to a game with Mychal during my second year in the league.

At that time we didn't know each other like that but we knew of each other you know. When I was expressing to Andrew that I was moving he informed me that Syd was looking for a roommate. He was telling me that I should go for it and now look at where we are. I would say that my feelings for her have most definitely gotten stronger over the pass year but idk how to tell her. Getting rejected is the least of my worries because she has flirted back numerous times.

"Things are good."

"Have you told her yet?"

"Nah."

"Do you plan on telling her?"

"Nah I like where we at right now don't want to rush and make things awkward."

"Totally understandable...so what if somebody new comes into her life, are you going to tell her then?"

I never really thought about that. If Sydney and I aren't busy with work, we spend majority of our time together. Plus she doesn't really go out so her finding a new guy is not likely to happen. I can't just think that though. Sydney is a beautiful women and she's bound to get cat called when she steps into the public. Lowkey I need to make a move and I need to do it fast.