"What is this lovely smell?" she says, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Parathas which i made, definitely not Adnaan," i say.

"Exuse me, i still made one."

"Yeah but it wasn't even cooked properly so i had to put it back on the stove."

"Okay then, Ammi if you walk into the kitchen and see it shinier than Syedas future, then know that your favourite son, Adnaan, cleaned it."

"Excuse m-" i get cut off by Osman.

"Uhh hello it seems that you have forgotten Adnaan l, I am Ammi's favourite child. Also, Ammi i made the dining table look pretty and beautiful."

Osman comes and hugs Ammi, giving her a toothy grin.

"Ya Allah, what did i do to deserve such kids," she says grinning.

"By the way, none of you are my favourite. I love you all equally. Also Adnaan if the kitchen is as clean as you claim, that'll be your new chore, Osman if the dining room is as pretty as you say, then you may do the table every day and Syeda, if the parathas are yummier than mine..." my mum pauses, wiggling her eyebrows, her filled with amusement and mischeif, "... i'm finding you a husband."

Adnaan and Osman snickers and my cheeks tint into a bright red as i roll my eyes.

"Ammi, if that's the case then let me tell you, I've already know someone perfect for her," says Adnaan, smirking.

"Ooooooooh, so who's the UN-lucky guy," says Osman.

"Look at you three already planning to send me away. I am soooo sorry to break your happy bubble but I am not getting married anytime soon, i am only 16 for God's sake and you..." i say looking at Adnaan, pointing my finger at him,"...Whoever this 'perfect guy' is, let him know to go find someone else."

I glare at him, crossing my arm with a huff. Ammi and Osman laugh, wiping away none existing tears.

"Umm..who said he even wanted to marry you?" he says, squinting his eyes, his lips curling up into a smirk.

This time Osman ends up rolling onto the floor and Ammi has to grip onto the sofa.

"Umm...should we go and eat or are you two planning on laughing for the rest of the day," says Adnaan, glaring at me.

We get into a glaring contest.

"Should we go and eat or are you two planning on glaring at each other for the rest of the day," say Osman, quoting Adnaan's words.

We turn to glare at him.

"Okay sorry, sorry. Can we just go and eat, i am really hungry," says Osman, holding up his hands.

~After eating~

I go upstsairs, flopping onto my bed. There's like 30 minutes left until Isha, so i open Pinterest, looking at a bunch of pictures of roses.

Maher Zain: Close to you starts blaring from my phone. I literally have to cover my mouth to stop from screaming and start fumbling with my phone, trying to put my phone on silent.

"Oi Syeda, close the music," screams Adnaan from the other room.

I successfully do it, looking the name ID, which ruined my sweet and peaceful time.

🍲Foodie🍲, 👼Angel👼 and 💕Simba💕 are calling.

"Oi Adnaan, Humayrah is calling. Want to talk to her?" i say, smirking.

Silence.

"Absolutely not," he screams back.

I can literally hear the embarrassment in his voice.

I accept the call and my friends beautiful faces come onto my screen.

"So how's the Queen doin," says Humayrah.

"I was absolutely fine until some people ruined my peace."

"If that's the case, i might as well just kick you out of the call," says Humayrah.

"Oh my Allah! I was joking!"

"So how's Uncle doing?" asks Nadia.

"Alhamdulillah, he's getting better but the doctors said that he would probably need 1 to 2 weeks to fully recover," i say, my eyes turning glossing.

They all mutter Alhamdulillah.

"Wallahi Syeda, if a tear falls out of your eye, i don't care what time it is, the next thing you know i'm at your front doorstep," says Humayrah.

I rub at my eyes, remembering how i spilled the beans two days ago.

~Start of Flashback~

I walk into the classroom, my eyes having big dark circles underneath them. I couldn't sleep, again. I sit down in my seat, there's 5 minutes until the bell rings.

Humayrah, Nadia and Simra all share a worried look.

"Hey are you okay? You look like a panda," say Nadia.

"I'm fine."

"WHAT THE HELL, SYEDA! YOU NEED TO STOP LYING, I CAN'T SEE MY BESTIE CRUMBLING EVERY SINGLE DAY!" screams Humayrah.

All heads turn to us and she glares at everyone.

I close my eyes, fighting back the tears but failed as a single tear rolls down my cheek. My eyes instantly flare up, stinging from all the times i cried.

Nadia hugs me, Simra puts a hand on my shoulder, while Humayrah brushes off the tear.

"You need to tell us. Don't take this toll by yourself. If there's a problem, we take it on together. If someone hurts you, they've hurt us. If you cry, we cry. If you laugh, we laugh. Your pain, is our pain. Your problem, is our problem. So please, tell us. Don't go through this alone," says Humayrah, this time more softly.

I end up telling them.
Everything, from what happened to my Abu, the way he looked so lifeless on the hospital bed and our financial crisis.

Once i was done, they all gave me a hug. The bell rings and my cousin, sorry my form teacher, walks in.

I feel much more lighter, the deep sadness beginning to loosen up.

~End of Flashback~

"So how successful was you job hunt," says Simra.

"Actually very successful, i got a job at a café called Sweet and Bitter."

Humayrah smirks.

"What?"

"If your working at Sweet and Bitter, you'll probably be seeing Husnain like three times a week. It's his favourite place to get coffee."

I roll my eyes and give her a dirty look.

Oh please, i know that look way too well.

Nadia and Simra start grinning like maniacs and i end the call.

They call me again but i cut the call.

They call me again like three more time and i still cut the call.

The fifth time they call, i answer it.

"Will you lot let me go do my whudu, i need to pray my Isha!" i say, cutting the call.