{Chapter 18}

"Life had to move on, there was no stopping."

{S Y E D A}

~After a week, Saturday~

I walk around aimlessly for the past 10 minutes, this hunt to find a job is getting me nowhere. However, i need to find a job as soon as i can. Baba's clothing business is beginning to drop without him managing it and Amma's small cookie business isn't earning much. Adnaan has found a part time job in a 5 star hotel but that's just about able to pay off our bills and we need money for food and other things hence why i'm trying to find a job.

After about 5 minutes, i notice a park and decide to have a little rest. I walk through the gates and sit on a bench. I look up staring at the morning sun hiding behind a bunch of grey clouds. It's a typical cold day and it looks like it's about to rain. All the birds are tucked up in the warmth of their nests, whilst me, Syeda Muhammad, is aimlessly roaming around early on Saturday morning at 9 o'clock trying to find a decent job when i could be sleeping in, underneath the warmth of my covers.

The park is basically deserted, except for bunch of boys near the tree's, having a, i dunno, a picnic? and some adults playing football. I flip out my phone, noticing some texts from Adnaan in our siblings group chat:

🌟💞THE FOUR IDIOTS💞🌟

Big Bro: Gosh this 5 star hotel job sucks!!!!
Big Bro: My boss thinks he can turn me into his servant, making me do errands.
Big Bro: The second i can quit this job me gonna quit.
Big Bro: @Syeda So Syeda any luck with ur 'job hunt'?

Me: Nah bro! In the park rn.
Me: Let u know when i find one!
Me: Wish me luck!

I put my phone away, getting up. Pulling my jacket in closer, i walk out of the park via gates, resuming my 'job hunt'.

~After about 20 minutes~

Its nearly 11 o'clock and i'm starving, I've officially ended my job hunt for today and will need to carry on tomorrow. I notice a café called 'Sweet and Bitter'.

I could do with something sweet and bitter.

I walk inside, a jingle of a bell above my head chimes. I sit down near the corner when a middle-aged woman probably in her mid-fifties comes up to me with a notepad and pen in her hand.

"What would you like, my dear?" she asks, softly.

My eyes look down at her name tag, which reads 'MANAGER: Jasmine'. I cast her a smile, looking at the options in the leaflet in front of me.

"I would like a dark chocolate glazed donut and a hot cappuccino," i say, giving my order.

She scribbles my order down.

"Your order will be on it way in about 5 minutes, please, look through the leaflet if you would like to try any of our new buns we are recently selling," she says.

I give her a smile, nodding my head.

She walks away, leaving me alone to look at the leaflet. My eyes skim over everything but nothing is of interest. I sigh, putting the leaflet down but my eye catches something, it looks like it was recently added. It reads,

Judging Me | On Holdजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें