Matteo: Isn't he here?

Matteo looks at me surprised as if he really has no idea!

Matteo: I thought he left earlier than us.

Camilla: I think he did, actually...

I see the approval in his gaze at my response.

Matteo: Don't worry Erica. He wouldn't miss this. But unfortunately you know him, he get distracted easily.

Erica shrugs in disappointment but nods.

Erica: He'll never change!

Camilla: Where is Juliana?

Erica: Waiting to make the grand entrance. You want to go see her? The wedding is to start any minute now.

Matteo: Is Mario with her?

Erica: Of course! He'll be the one walking her down the aisle.

Matteo: Then you are not going.

Camilla: Of course I am!

Matteo looks at me as if I just threatened his life but I don't back down. I know Juliana and she's a kind soul. She doesn't know if she wants to get married to that man and even if she's charmed by him that doesn't mean she's happy about what's going to happen. Besides she is the one I can without a doubt call a friend.

Erica: What will it be then?

Erica gives me a challenging smile as if she's waiting who's gonna be the winner of that fight.

Matteo: Don't you dare!

Matteo growls grabbing my wrist as I am to turn my back at him. I slowly look at his hand and back into his eyes. My look is worth a million words and he knows it.

Camilla: Let. Me. Go.

Simple. Short. Strict. Calm.

Yet he knows that under those three words there is a hidden meaning, a threat that I'll open my mouth. Which I won't but he knows I don't have many things to lose. So if I wanted to I could burn us all.

His fingers slowly let go of my wrist and I turn to Erica. She smiles and nods at me before she leads the way.

Erica: I didn't expect him to back down.

We walk through the crowd of people who are dressed like royalty but have no shame on staring at us as we pass by them.

Camilla: I did.

My answer is brief and I avoid to look at her but I can tell she's still smiling.

Erica: You are a fast learner after all.

I ignore her and get in the room inside the church guarded by two men in black.

Erica: I'll wait for you here.

And she does. She doesn't follow me inside the room. I get in expecting to find the siblings chatting but instead I come face to face with something I'd least expect.