𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

RISING FROM THE ASHES

GRACE WALTON HAD grown up quickly in the last four months

GRACE WALTON HAD grown up quickly in the last four months. There had been many ups and downs. A person who changes this rapidly, this young, will forever be reminded of their past. To fully except it, Grace will. She'd always been one with change and this experience was no different.

Mara Walton had to build her daughter up since she was just destroyed after everything she had been put through. She continued to stay her fun, witty, and kind motherly self while still laying down ground rules that she certainly had to put in place.

Grace still made sure to keep all of her bonds strong, especially with Tracy. God knows, Grace wished she could've been there for her bestfriend more than anything. Instead, the toxic, callous Evie had dealt with Tracy's self harm in a selfish way. Tracy and Grace stayed thick as thieves and made sure to keep contact with one another through it all.

Tracy had not fully healed quite yet, but she would surely get there over time with the help of Mason and her mother, Mel. God, Mason. Grace and Mason have never been as peaceful as they were after the storm. Mason and Grace shared such and innocent bond. It was sure to blossom into something more as they grow older. Time will tell.

Grace laid in her mothers garden, her hair threaded in with the grass as she looked up at the sky. She never planned doing this, it just happened. A content sigh slipped from her pink lips as she picked at grass at her sides. Footsteps were heard behind her, and she seen Mason stand above her with a smile. Grace had just celebrated her sixteenth birthday.

"Comfy?", Mason asked with a teasing smile. Her lips curved into a smile as well since the blondes was just so contagious.

"Hell yeah.", Grace replied sarcastically, sitting up. She grabbed his hands and tugged him down. He obliged and plopped down beside her with his backpack thumping against the ground beside him.
He unzipped his backpack and pulled out a joint he had already smoked halfway. Grace had learned to like the feeling of the drug coursing through her. There was no explanation other than the fact that it just felt fucking cool.

"Here.", Mason said, handing her the lit joint. She took it from his fingers before pressing it to her lips. She inhaled deeply and held it before grabbing Mason's face and exhaling into Mason's mouth. He exhaled and grabbed his girlfriends hand, admiring her. "Trace, missed you today. No school?"

"No school. I had cramps.", Grace told him and he chuckled before inhaling the debris of the joint. Suddenly, Mason went quiet. Grace didn't question it though. She picked a dandelion from the grass and twirled it around.

"Hey, Grace?", Mason asked catching Grace's attention. She looked up from the dandelion she rolled around her fingers by the stem. She took the joint and quirked a curious brow at him.

"Yes, Mason?", Grace asked, scooting forward. She grew enticed as the seventeen year old boy seemed to calm up. Grace grabbed him by the knees before tossing the joint that had been smoked up.

"I love you.", Mason blurted out. His cheeks seemed to grow more pink by the second, the blood running to them. Grace's lips formed her famous smirk as she grabbed her face.

"So, corny, Mas.", Grace whispered, their lips now inches apart from meeting. Mason's eyes worriedly averted to the floor. Her heart seemed to flutter as her eyes stared straight into his.

"Grace.", Mason practically whined pulling away embarrassed by her teasing. Grace once again grabbed him by the face and pressed her warm lips to his left ear.

"I love you, too, dickhead.", Grace whispered before kissing his earlobe. Mason's arms wrapped around her waist pulling her into a hug. Grace met her lips with his with passion, rolling on top of him in a straddle. She quickly pulled herself away. "Are we about to fuck in my mother's vegetable garden, right now?"

Before Mason could respond, someone cleared their throat grabbing both of their attention. Tracy bashfully glanced away from her bestfriend and her brother.

"Oh, shit. You said in twenty!", Mason complained probably referring to Tracy arriving early. Tracy looked back at him and scoffed.

"Hello! It's been thirty, lovebird.", Tracy replied before discreetly giving Grace a supportive thumbs up. Grace chuckled as she sat up and got off of Mason. "Now let's go. This movie can, and will start without us."

Without another word, Tracy slipped out of the fence gate, leaving Mason and Grace alone once more. Mason suggestively looked at Grace causing her to playfully push his face away.

"Come on, Romeo.", Grace said as she stood above her boyfriend, her smile obnoxiously evident on her face. Mason rolled his eyes and gripped her hand. She tugged him to his feet dramatically. "You're paying, Mas."

"Oh, fuck you.", Mason said playfully. He only said that because he knew he would. The man was completely whipped by Grace Walton.

"Later. Oh, and I want a slushee.", Grace replied daringly making Mason toss her over his shoulder bridal style. Grace screeched and giggled as Mason carried her away from her backyard. Say what you want, but Grace and Mason could make it. They will make it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
——————————

a happy ending for those who need it so desperately. i love mason and grace together. tracy will definitely have a sister in law once they're adults. ;)

also, thank you so much to anyone who reads, i loved writing this and i hope everyone is doing good, stay safe !

this is the end, the FINAL end! gah, bye!