𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

SUCKER PUNCHED

GRACE WALTON WASN'T to sure why she followed what Evie and Tracy did

GRACE WALTON WASN'T to sure why she followed what Evie and Tracy did. It always led to disaster or someone almost dead or drugged up. Sometimes it was just for fun, but sometimes Grace did it for their love. She needed more than being a third wheel it was really nothing more than that. It just hurt knowing she wasn't enough.

Grace took a long huff of a bottle of cleaner, doing a whippet. Evie snatched it out of her hands, Grace giggled, God how she felt. It felt like being on top of cloud. She couldn't feel her body, her brain felt numb. Why did she put herself through this? She didn't know.

"Ah, I wanna bleed more! Hit me!", Tracy ordered earning a hard ass hit from Evie. Grace chuckled as Tracy did too. "Gracey let me hit you, you haven't gotten hit yet."

Grace's eyes turned into crescent moons as she laughed and nodded. Both Evie and Tracy landed a punch on the girl causing Grace to fall back on the floor. Grace let out a winded laugh, but got back onto the bed nonetheless.

"How about you make an effort, bitch!", Tracy yelled to Evie earning a hard slap, sending her to the floor. Both Evie and Grace chuckled as they peered over the bed. They shared a look and got onto the floor to see if she was alright.

"Tracy?", Evie quizzed getting down to shake her a bit. "Tracy?"

"Hey, food's ready, ladies.", Mel informed the girls on the other side of the door. Evie and Grace shared a nervous look.

"Just a minute, Mel!", Grace called back to her with the most calm voice she could fake possible. Both Evie and Grace pulled the girl up so she sat up. "Trace, get up."

Evie helped Tracy up to her vanity while Grace began to fish for ideas to cover up. Evie gasped as she seen the big gash on Tracy's head. Evie turned to Grace as she put BB cream on Tracy's lip.

"Go tell Mel, we're getting ready, Gracey. You're the only one who isn't bleeding.", Evie told Grace with a worried look and Grace nodded doing what she had to do.

Grace went out into the backyard to find everyone looking at her, waiting for Evie and Tracy. Grace still felt loopy, but she had to put on her best sober face ever or else it was all of their asses on the line.
Mel looked back down at the newspaper clipping in her hand.

"Her uncle got seven years.", Mel remarked looking down at the piece of paper while Mason stared down Grace who chose not to eat. He tried to pry Gracey's eyes over, but it didn't work.

"Where are they, Grace?", Mason quizzed. His typical warm demeanor turned awfully cold all of a sudden.

"Getting ready.", Grace replied dryly while Mason sat a plate of food in front of her. She hummed as a thank you and picked at it in front of her. The high was fucking with her. She began to sweat due to the California heat. She pushed her stray hair out of her face.

The two girls came out dressed up in costume like outfits. Evie whirled around her boa and winked at Mason. Grace chuckled out of amusement when she seen the two girls decked out in pink accessories and makeup.

"How do we look, darling?", Tracy asked in a fancy accent. The both posed with their tongues out while Mason glared at Grace. Technically, it wasn't a lie, they were getting ready.

"Guys, say hello to the butt.", Evie said turning around and showing everyone the eyes that she put on her jeans.

"I wanna play! I wanna play!", Tracy's cousin whined stealing Evie's boa. Grace raised her eyebrows and stuck a piece of watermelon in her mouth.

"What happened to your lip?", Mel asked Tracy who raised her hand to cover it immediately.

"Nothing, mom. I just bit it.", Tracy lied only glancing at Grace.

"Is that my belt, Evie?", The woman beside Mel asked while using her chopsticks to eat the salad Mel made. Grace glanced to Evie's hips.

"Yeah.", She replied since she probably took it. The girl was a sneaky bitch. It sucks she was bestfriends with Grace because typically Grace would call her out too, but she was too high and loopy to care still.

"Mason, do you have your film, you wanna take pictures of us?", Evie asked sitting on Mason's lap making Grace furrow her eyebrows, not hiding her emotions.

"No, Evie, I don't.", Mason answered, scooting over and away from the girl. Grace only glanced over at the pair. She stuck another piece of watermelon in her mouth with a smug smile. Knowing Mason had some common sense gave Grace comfort.

༺☆༻

THE NEXT DAY Grace snuck through the back door of the Freeland's to search for Tracy or at least Mason since Tracy and Evie ditched Grace after school. Nobody was in the kitchen or living room, so Grace decided to head straight for Mason's room.

She found him hanging out the window with his lips wrapped around a joint. He looked over to Grace and sighed while exhaling the drug. Grace could tell he had his guard up, so she grew anxious as she stared at his pretty side profile.

"Hey, stranger.", Grace greeted the boy who solemnly smoke a joint by himself, only glancing at the girl in the doorway.

"Mom dropped off Evie.", Mason informed Grace and she nodded, slowly approaching him. Once she was at his side, he passed her the j and continued looking out the window. The pair watched Hampton chase a bird around silently. They basked in each other's presence before Grace decided to speak again.

"I'll never leave her side. No matter how tough shit gets. I haven't now and I won't then.", Grace remarked out of the blue passing the joint back to the boy beside her. He took it and tossed it out the window which was surprising since it still had a couple more puffs left.

Mason turned to Grace and grabbed her hands. His hands were warm, perfect for Grace's hands since hers were always cold. Mason smiled down at her with the fakest smile he could muster up. Grace chuckled at the false look. She raised her hand and fixed it, smoothing out his smile into a neutral face.

"You're the bestfriend I've ever had.", Mason muttered between the small space that separated them. Grace's lips curved up into a wicked grin before smooshing her lips against Mason's, who invited her to do so.

This was the peak of being a teenager. Puppy love, drugs, booze. It was all fun and exciting until it grew real. Until it all grew sour. Everything had to be bad at some point. It always did. Maybe not Grace and Mason's relationship, but maybe her friendship with a gorgeous brunette who had as many issues as anyone else. That's what life did. You can be happy, until it's your turn to get shit on.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
——————————

some fluffy filler bullshit once again

just because shits about to go DOWNNNN
be scared because mama mara pops tf off on brooke bc fuck her