𝚝𝚠𝚘

Night Changes

GRACE WALTON WOKE up extra early to walk over to Tracy Freeland's house

GRACE WALTON WOKE up extra early to walk over to Tracy Freeland's house. She happily entered Tracy's ranch style home since she knew Mel wouldn't mind. Grace was elated to find the cargo pants strewn about on Tracy's bed. Tracy applied mascara in the mirror and smiled when she seen her bestfriend.

"Gracey! Oh, my God. Look at this shirt.", Tracy urged sticking the blue baby tee in Grace's face. Grace's eyes widened and took the shirt with a smile. "It'll bring out your blue eyes."

"Thanks, Trace. I'll come by after school and give them back.", Grace assured the blonde who handed her a black eyeliner. "What's this for?"

"It'll make your eyes pop even more. Trust. I seen it in a magazine.", Tracy told her and Grace shrugged before going over to the mirror. She took the eyeliner pencil and placed it on her waterline. Tracy watched with a smile as she seen her bestfriends new look. "You're hot, Grace."

Grace rolled her eyes as she noticed her altered face. What was Tracy doing all of this for? She made Grace change and she made her put on makeup. This was all so new to both of them. Grace also noticed all of Tracy's toys and stuffed animals discarded in a corner. Was this what growing up was like? Discarding things you had interest in because someone like Evie Zamora doesn't?

༺☆༻

GRACE PEELED OFF the skin of her clementine with a bland expression. She took a sip of her Dasani water and sighed before she felt Tracy's fingers slip around her wrist. She gasped as she was harshly yanked to her feet.

"Guys, we'll see you later, we have to pee.", Tracy announced before hauling it to the bathroom with Grace dragged behind her. Then it all clicked. Evie Zamora.

"Nice shirt.", Evie complimented, turning around to face both girls. She smiled sweetly before discreetly checking them out. "I like your pants."

"Uh, thanks they're Tracy's.", Grace replied awkwardly, trying to give credit to her friend since this is obviously something she wanted. At least she dragged Grace there before just completely leaving her in the dust.

"Yeah, I like your belt.", Tracy commented toward Evie. She smiled again as her eyes averted off of their outfits. There was a slight contrast in the three girls style, but it worked.

"Call me after school. We can all go shopping on Melrose.", Evie suggested stepping toward them.

"Ok, um...", Tracy began and dug through her bag for a notepad and pen. "Write your number on this. Grace is always with me so..."

Evie briefly looked up at Grace with mischievous eyes before writing down her number. She looked up one last time and gave another smile. The girl walked away with a confident sway in her hips. One that all girls wanted. Grace typically tried to stay grateful for her own unique qualities, but she knew that Evie Zamora just had a confidence that she lacked. Grace had a goal and it was to gain confidence.