Chapter 11: Welcome To The Jungle

Opens to a fly flying around before being eaten by a Venus fly trap.

Cut out to show Sam in a greenhouse, standing next to the Venus fly trap with a watering can.

"Take it easy, DeMilo." Sam waters the Venus fly trap. "That's your third fly this morning. And you know you're watching your cholesterol." She puts the watering can down and walks over to a basket. "Hmm, I'm feeling international today." She grabs a wicker basket and walks around the greenhouse. She picks fruits from various plants, speaking to them as she does. "Heh, thanks Sunny. Merci Piere. Kukurasamamayo yashi Yoshi. Nice when countries can come together for a mutual cause." She pours the basket of fruit into her lunchbox. "Namely my lunch."

Tucker and Danny walk in, leaving the door wide open behind them. Danny is wearing his winter coat, arms wrapped around himself but still shivering and his teeth chattering.

"Hey Sam. Ready for school?" Tucker asks as Danny's teeth are chattering as he says this.

"Close the door. Cold air is not good for the plants." Sam runs to the open door. "The humidity opens their pores." She slams the door shut. "It could help you sweat off a few inches too Mr. Pie-for-breakfast."

"And that's wrong why?" Tucker puts his hands on his stomach.

Danny shivers through his sentence. "It's like a meat locker to me. Can you turn up the heat?"

"What's with you? It must be 95 degrees in here."

"I-I dunno. Ever since I got up this morning I just can't seem to get warm." Danny's hand brushes Tucker's arm.

Tucker shivers from the brief contact. "Man I've heard of ghosts sending chills up your spine but this is too weird."

A fly flies across Danny's face as he speaks. "I bet I'm coming down with a bug."

DeMilo eats the fly. Tucker sidles up next to the plant. "Awesome! A veggie that hates veggies as much as I do."

Sam chuckles. "Let's go guys." Scolding DeMilo. "No desert for you tonight, mister."

Sam turns to leave and Tucker follows. Danny is still shivering furiously, and as he walks past the table of plants, a wave of cold comes off him and freezes DeMilo.

"Ugh. Urban blight." Sam speaks sarcastically. "So thrilled to live in the 21st century."

"Hey, kids." Link says waiting for them outside the greenhouse. They turn to Link who remains casual, wearing a band shirt and skinny jeans.

"Why didn't you enter?" Sam asks.

"Honey, I'm wearing all black, it's a very bad idea for me to enter a greenhouse while like this."

Tucker gets in between the pair. "So... That new arcade in the new strip mall next to the new hot dog place looks awesome. And new."

Danny laughs. "I know. Besides Sam there's nothing wrong with a little p-p-progress."

Tucker hums. "Yeah, Vlad's new beautification campaign is very progressive."

Sam scoffs. "No. Just progressively worse. Seriously, messing too much with nature can be a dangerous thing."

"While you have a point, it's progress that allows you to live with your lifestyle." Link corrects both of them.

Danny gasps.

Undergrowth screams. "Flesh dwellers. You have caused pain to my children once too often. Now you too shall feel pain. The pain of Undergrowth!" Undergrowth scream again as he destroys the equipment.

Tucker chuckles. "Anybody got a weed-wacker?"

"No, but I've got a Tanto."

"Pitiful human race. Your progress has destroyed acres of my children. Now I shall destroy you to make room for my new offspring." Undergrowth shouts.