Chapter 5: Headrush

Link sighs sitting in his health sciences class, they announce that the students will be paired to pretend to raise a child, in the form of a bag of potatoes.

"God I hate-."

"Potatoes?" The girl Link is partnered with finishes his sentence. He raises a brow as she whispers innocently, while looking away.

"Right..." He says letting her hold the bag. "Look, I'm not excited about this, what say you to a fifty-fifty split, you'll watch the..." He glances at the potato sack. "...child... during time away from school, and I'll watch them during the time we're at school." He places a hand on the sac. "Cheers?" He pauses for a moment. "Uh... what's your name again?"

"Em... Emilia?" She says giving a nervous smile, making Link raise an eyebrow.

"Right, can we agree on that, Emilia?"

"Um... I'd rather just stay with you so our child can know both us can work together."

"Our child?" Link recoils making Emilia hold the sac. She then seemingly from nowhere produces a bag to hold the child and carry's the sack with ease because of it.

"I mean, our... Potatoes."

Link nods concerned, he starts to walk away, Emilia following him as he joins with Sam, Tucker, and Danny.

"So let me get this straight. We have to take care of a flour sack and pretend it's our baby?" Danny asks, annoyed.

Tucker shrugs. "It's supposed to teach us something about shared responsibility."

"Kwan! Go long!" Dash says throwing his flour sack like a football, to which his fellow jock catches it and runs.

Link & Sam both stare on horrified about how that specific sack is being treated. Emilia seeing the pairs reaction hugs Link's arm, causing him to look at her weird.

"The only thing is teaching me, is how pointless this assignment is." Sam says holding hers and Tucker's flour sack.

"Yeah, I feel ya sister." Link says trying to pry Emilia off his arm. "At least you have a sack of flour, I have two sacks of potatoes."

"Hey...!" Emilia pouts at Link.

"Not to mention dangerous." Danny sighs. "Now I gotta spend a week playing house with and ecto hating Ghostophobe."

Link hums. "So you got stuck with Valerie."

Sam glares at Valerie, earning a amused grin from Link, when she sees it she scoffs. "Don't worry, Danny. Valerie doesn't know."

Link nods, covering Emilia's ears. "Hey dweebs." The others turn to him. "We've kinda got someone here who doesn't know about all that." As he speaks to them he doesn't notice the lovestruck gaze of Emilia as she looks up at him smiling, and him being so close to her. "Whatever, I'm not sticking around to watch your train wreck that is a partnership with Val." He walks away dragging Emilia with him who comes back to her senses as he turns removing his hands and walks away grumbling. That afternoon he returns home with Emilia following him the entire way.

"Don't you have somewhere better to be, like I don't know, your own home?" He asks.

"Not really, folks aren't home often enough."

"Right, but don't you have friends?"

"Not really."

"Seriously?" Link asks, opening the door to enter his house, the moment he does so, Emilia bursts in joining him inside his home.

In the house, seems to be a normal, early 2010's modern home, however displayed rather prominently is a cat mask, in a case, on it is a large E implanted on the side. He sighs, walking in after her.