Chapter 3: Dance Sucka!

I sigh walking towards the main entrance for Casper Highschool, as the bell rings. In front of the school, a banner reads "Spirit Week Centennial: 100 Years of Casper Spirit".

Lancer jumps up and down  in the air as he cheers. "Casper! High! Spirit! Oomph!" He falls on the ground. Jasmine Fenton and I look down at him. He looks up. "Ahh, Spirit Week. I love it so." He says getting up. "The pomp, the circumstance, and mostly the spirit sparklers!" He whips out a photo of a younger Lancer cheerleading. "Jasmine, Link, did you know I was a cheerleader when I went to school here?"

Jazz looks to the picture briefly. "Really? Weird. No clue. Look, can I talk to you for a minute, Mr. Lancer?"

Cut to Danny in the hallway walking past Spectra's office.

Jazz speaks as the three of us walk, I along with them, as I'm making my way to class for the day. "About my brother Danny?" Danny's ghost sense goes off."He's been acting really strange lately. Like he's not himself anymore."

Danny goes intangible and flies through the door. Bertrand growls and they exchange blows. Jazz and Mr. Lancer walking down the hall.

"I'd talk to him, but I'm his older sister and he's just going to think I'm being bossy. And if he doesn't get some help, if he doesn't talk to somebody--"

"I could try, I am his, kind if friend, I mean, pals I guess."

Cut to Danny's fight with Bertrand.

"--all that frustration he's repressing could come out the wrong way."

Danny shoots several ectoblasts at Bertrand but misses. Bertrand growls at Danny, then flees through the ceiling. Danny transforms back to his human form. Suddenly Lancer opens the door to find Danny in Spectra's destroyed office.

Danny mutters to himself. "Good one, Fenton. You let him get away, you idiot."

Lancer grabs him by the collar and yanks him out of the room along with grabbing my collar.

Jazz and I sit in front of Ms. Spectra. "Is it always so cold in here?" Jazz asks shivering, I however remain comfortable, my eyes glued to Ms. Spectra, something seems off about her.

I watch as she turns the thermostat from "Cold" to "Colder". "Of course! I find that cold temperatures keep the mind icy sharp." She straightens up her office a little. "And don't you worry about this mess of an office, either. Stuff happens! No biggie. Right, Jasmine, Lincoln."

"It's Jazz. My friends call me Jazz."
"Link. I hate that name."

Danny scoffs. "Yeah, well, your brother calls you fink!"

"Danny, I'm just trying to help. Come on, we used to talk all the time."

"Yeah, when I was 8 and you weren't a fink."

"That's more than enough out of you, Fenton. Get to class while Ms. Spectra and I decide what your punishment is." Lancer scolds Daniel.Danny scowls at Jazz, then stomps off in a huff. "Unlike her brother, Jazz is one of Casper's best and brightest. She'll be giving the keynote pep speech at our centennial Spirit-a-thon on Wednesday. And Lincoln here is one of the best students of the freshman class and could learn a thing or two from you two.

Spectra smiles. "Right on! That's why I'm here." She gestures at a series of photos on the wall, in which she looks chipper and various students look horribly depressed. "To pump up the pep, one student at a time."

"Jazz, Dr. Spectra is a highly respected motivational speaker and teen therapist. She's agreed to help pump up the volume on that old Casper High spirit this week."

Out of Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें