6. Truth

I had finished up my breakfast and decided to go and find something to do. Everyone was busy and I was getting bored so I flopped onto the couch and scrolled through the channels on the TV.

The doorbell rang causing me to jump. I waited to hear someone answer the door but no footsteps could be heard. I sighed before getting to my feet and walked towards the door.

Just as I reached out to open the door, Luis flew down the stairs and ran to the door beating me to it.

"It's fine, I've got it." Luis smiled and opened the door. "Mr Marrone, good to see you."

My head jolted back towards the door as I was walking away.

"Please Luis, call me Hunter." The figure stepped inside as Luis welcomed him in.

My blood ran cold.

"Delilah, why don't you go find Mira?" Hunter instantly looked over at me and our eyes locked. I stood frozen, not daring to breathe.

"You are so fucking stupid, Delilah!" His fist smashed into my stomach. "You are a disgusting whore!" He punched me in the stomach again.

"I'm sorry..." I chocked out. "Please, stop."

He grabbed my jaw tightly. "No one else will love you except me." He hissed into my ear. "No one else will want you."

His venomous words echoed in my head.

Tears dripped down my face as he continued to say more hurtful things.

"Are you listening to me?" He shook my body. "Delilah?"

"Delilah?" I felt a hand on my cheek. "Delilah, are you okay?"

My eyes focused back on Luis who wiped a tear from my cheek. I quickly nodded and backed away before taking a small glance at Hunter. His grin haunted me.

I hurriedly turned around a ran upstairs to Alex's bedroom and quickly locked the door. I slid down the door and let the tears flood down my face. The room began to spin around me and my vision grew blurry.

I started to crawl towards the bed but I didn't make it as my eyes closed and everything went black.

Luis —

I watched her run away up the stairs as if she was scared. I turned back to Hunter and led him to Alex's office.

"Is the girl alright?" Hunter asked me before we got to the office.

"I'm not sure. I will go check on her." He nodded and stalked into the office greeting Alex. I ran to my bedroom to find Delilah but she wasn't here. She must've gone to Alex's bedroom. I knocked on the door and tried the handle but it was locked which meant she must be in there.

"Delilah?" I called out. "Can I come in?"

Silence.

I grew worried and knocked again but harder. "Delilah?"

Silence.

I rushed over to the office and knocked on the door.

"Enter!"

"Alex can I borrow your room key?" He nodded, threw me the key and I caught it. "Thanks." I closed the door and hurried back to Alex's bedroom. I put the key in the door and pushed it open to see Delilah's unconscious body laying on the ground.

"Shit!" I fell to the floor and took her head in my hands. "Delilah? Wake up!" I gently slapped her cheek.

Nothing.

"Fuck!" I sprinted to Alex's bathroom and damped a cloth and ran back. I dabbed the cloth on to her face as she started to come around.

"Luis?" She whispered.