"Emily, everything is fine, I just- i need to sleep this off or something."I let out a breath letting myself relax for a second.

"Alright, call me later"Emily responds before we bid each other good bye.

I flop onto my bed letting the mattress covers drown me.My phone had fallen from my grasp and was somewhere on my bed out of my reach.

It didn't take long before my ears perked up at the sound of the front door opening and then closing shut.

  Heavy footsteps making there way upstairs before the thud of something soft dropping on the floor echoed into my room.

  I lift my head up waiting to see Freddie pass through my doorway, I'd left my door open forgetting to close it when I entered my room.

"Katie?"Freddie's voice comes first.

"In here."I answer, I was to tired to be upset at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Is there a reason I shouldn't be?"I ask lifting myself up into a sitting position on my bed. Freddie stands by my door frame his head resting against the frame.

"How was practice?"I ask switching over to another topic when he doesn't respond fast enough.

"Yeah, it was good."He says blinking his eyes the tired was visible clearly on his face.

"You should get some rest."I offer staring at how the bags were beginning to look oddly larger under his eyes.

"I'm gonna go shower."He answers before pushing himself off the frame and heading towards the end of the hallway.

"I'll set the table."I offer getting off my bed and walking towards the stairwell.

I wasn't watching my step, my leg hooks onto Freddie's gym back sending me tripping down the steps, I let out a yelp from the sharp tug of the bag on my foot as I'm falling forward.

Freddie's hand comes quick to grab my wrist while he pulls me back to the landing.

"You need to be more careful."He growls from behind me.

"You need to stop putting your stuff everywhere."I fire back."now go shower you smell like rotten fish."I scrunch up at the stench coming off of him.

  There was a bowl full of macaroni and cheese set and I was grabbing two plates and two forks when Freddie finally made his way downstairs.

His hair still wet but he didn't look as tired as he did before which must be a good sign.

"Here."He says roughly sliding my phone across the table before I grab it in my hand. "It wouldn't stop ringing."He mutters before walking over to the fridge and pulling out two water bottles.

  The phone rings again Alex's caller id flashing across my screen. I turn my ringer off sliding the phone me into my pocket. I look up at Freddie who only raises a brow up at me in a questioning manner.

"Aren't you going to answer?"He asks clearly curious as to why I hadn't.

"He can wait till after dinner."I respond but knowing deep down I would have jumped at his call and answered on the first ring if it weren't for the awkward tension between me and Freddie.