'𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

he set her back onto her own feet and leaned in, slowly pressing his lips to hers to seal the deal

-

genevieve and paul slept together in her bed after taking their walk. they talked endlessly in hushed voices, careful not to wake their baby.

yes, you heard that correctly.

they're finally together.

as perfectly happy as the couple went to sleep, the nightmare saga undoubtedly played in genevieve's mind.

the memories of simon using and torturing her, haunted her sleep. it felt so real and vivid— it was horrific.

the red-head sat straight up, her hair sticking to her sweaty skin. she rubbed it away, breathing heavily as she looked around her room.

she was safe.

she was alive.

she was with jesus and clem.

and simon was dead.

she glanced to the crib, and then back at her new boyfriend, before slowly getting up to head to the bathroom. she tiptoed down the hallway, and stepped through the threshold to the room. She closed the door behind her, and looked up into the mirror. her skin was slightly damp with perspiration from her nightmare, and her firey red hair stuck up from tossing and turning.

she stripped of her pyjamas, and reached into the shower to turn on the faucet. she stepped in afterwards, and let the lukewarm water hit her skin. she reached for her cloth, and poured soap onto it, before using it to scrub harshly at her skin.

she scrubbed, and scrubbed, and scrubbed until her skin was raw, and felt like it was bleeding. even just the water hitting it made it sting. she just felt like she needed to scrub his touch off of her, but no matter how much— it still remained.

she finally put the rag down, and lathered soap through her ratty hair. she rinsed it, and applied conditioner. trying not to be greedy with the water, she rinsed that out quickly, and shut the water off. she rung her hair out, before stepping over the side of the tub, onto the bath mat.

genevieve wrapped a towel tightly around herself, and ran a hairbrush through her wet locks, slicking them back out of her face. she stepped out of the bathroom, and headed back to her room to get dressed for the day.

she made it back to her bedroom, and silently opened her undergarment drawer. she didn't even think, dropping her towel to slip her underwear and bra on. she figured paul was still asleep. she bent down, picking out a pair of jeans that flared at the bottom— a pair she'd been wearing since highschool. she got them as a birthday gift. then, she reached for another drawer, opening it up to pull out a black tank top. she quickly dressed herself, securing a belt around her waist. she grabbed a pair of socks, and sat at the edge of her bed to put them on.