' 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

siddiq carefully leaned himself down, wrapping the mother and son in a hug

siddiq carefully leaned himself down, wrapping the mother and son in a hug. "congratulations. be good, orion." he cooed to the boy, patting paul's shoulder on the way out.

-

genevieve found her bed much more comfortable than the ones in the infirmary trailer. although her body still ached, she felt empty.  she no longer had a baby inside of her- no- he was cradled in her arms, fast asleep. her stomach was still rotund, but it was droopier than before. as soon as they were home, the parents learned tara had in fact arrived. she'd been spending her time with clem, and jerry's family. paul had left to get the pair, so they could meet their brother and nephew. genevieve knew clementine was excited, so that made her excited.

the sound of the front door echoed throughout the quiet home as it opened, and as it closed. she felt the newborn squirm in her arms, and she quickly began shushing him. he settled down, snuggling himself back into his mother's caring arms. paul finally stepped through the threshold of the door, clementine on his hip. tara followed behind.

the ravenette was the first to advance the baby, sinking into the spot beside vi. "oh.. my.. god.." she whispered, eyes boring into the pink face of the boy. "hi orion.. i'm your aunt t.." she cooed, her finger smoothing down the bridge of his nose. "wow, jesus- he looks just like you. his nose is yours to a t." she smiled up at him, before looking back over at genevieve with her lip taught in between her teeth.

"yes, you can hold him." the redhead chuckled, carefully handing orion off to his aunt. her arms crossed over the top of her somewhat deflated stomach, as she looked up at clem. her head rested on her father's shoulder as he swayed. her eyes were still red and wet- her face bloodshot.

"daddy.." she whimpered, hiding her face further into his neck.

"baby, i told you she's still mommy." he whispered to the toddler, letting out a quiet sigh.

"she sounded like- like one of those.. things." she lifted her head up to make eye contact with her father, her lower lip absolutely quivering.

it made gen's heart shatter.

had she scared her daughter so bad to make her think she had turned? she was trying to be quiet.

"she's okay, clemmy." his hand held the back of her head, and pulled it forwards to press a kiss upon her forehead. "you wanna see?" he asked, continuing his slow swaying.

"hi clemmy.." vi smiled as sweetly as she could. "you want to meet orion?" she asked, patting the spot in front of tara. the scared look on clem's face made her want to cry. "baby- i promise i'm still me.." she muttered, tilting her head to the side.

the three year old and her father shared a look for a moment, before clementine nodded. he placed her on the bed, letting her crawl forwards to the spot. he then went over and stood beside his wife, pressing his lips to the top of her head in reassurance.