⁷. 𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝑓

Start from the beginning

"You didn't let me."

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"I was gonna make you an omelet and tell you."

"Hey, hey. Save it for the honeymoon," Natasha interrupted the two before they continued the bickering. "You got incoming, Tony. Looks like the fight's coming to you."

"Great," Tony breathed out. "Pepper?"

Pepper's worry lines only seemed to deepen. "Are you okay now?"

"I am fine," he replied. "Don't be mad. I will formally apologize."

"I am mad!" Pepper cut him off.

". . .when I'm not fending off a Hammerdroid attack!"

"Fine."

"We could have been in Venice," Tony decided to lighten the mood but it only increased Pepper's frustration.

"Oh, please."

With that, Tony's face disappeared from the screen as he went off to fight off the rest of the drones that were coming to him.

"I told you that five minutes ago."

The NYPD arrived just in time, three police men walking down the staircase and Pepper immediately stood from the chair to gesture towards Justin.

"That's your guy here," Pepper turned to face Justin as she gestured him to the police.

Justin squinted his eyes, since he didn't have his glasses on anymore. "Excuse me?"

"You're being placed under arrest," one cop announced.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Hands behind your back, sir," he ordered as he grabbed Justin's hands with help of another officer and pinned them on his back.

"I'm trying to help here."

He looked back at Pepper and chuckled drily. "I get it. I see what you're doing. You're trying to pin this on me, huh? That's good. That's good. You're starting to think like a CEO, taking out the competition. I like that."

Two officers grabbed him by the shoulders after they placed the handcuffs on him and began to drag him away from the desk.

"You think you're making a problem for me?" He tried to get on Pepper's face as he was dragged away. "I'm gonna make a problem for you. I'm gonna be seeing you again real soon."

Justin turned back and allowed the officers to drag him up the stairs, and (Y/N) couldn't read the look behind Pepper's eyes. She didn't know if she didn't care about the threat or worried that something else was going to happen.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Four more police men offered to escort (Y/N) and Pepper towards the exit of the Expo, walking on either side of the women as they made it to the front steps in no time. Pieces of concrete were thrown all over the floor, as well as shards of glass and the broken drones that Tony had succeeded in taking down.