Chapter 100: Years Later

*6 years later*

Max's pov

El and I are now 22 years old. We've graduated from school. We were both on our last year in university. Fortunately we managed to get into the same one. (a/n: please don't judge me but I have no clue what they would study and what job they would do when they grow up😀💀)

It was November 4th. It was El's birthday. We were planning on having a party for her. El and I live together in an apartment. So do Mike and maddie, will is now with a guy he met on the second year of his university and they are now together.

The party remains together strongly. El invited more people we've met in university, people who were nice and accepted us and stuff. There are some nice people in this world we live into. The party would happen in a restaurant el loves going.

We go on dates there often because I know she loves it, so do I. Little did el know.. I've had a surprise. It was an hour before her party. She wore a really nice tight red dress, some make up on. She looked absolutely beautiful. I was so lucky to have her.

I decided to put on a black tight dress. I don't usually wear ones but I started to a little now. I've grown up. "you look amazing love" I told her as she was putting on a red lipstick wrapping my arms around her weist.

"So do you my love, do you want to put on?" she asked showing me the lipstick. I wasn't sure. She giggled turning to look at me. "It would look great on you babe" el said. I smirked. "if you say so" I said. She giggled. Her laugh.. I never stopped loving that laugh.

She put on red lipstick on me. "we're matching now" she said smiling looking at us in the mirror. "yeah we do, we look like a couple" I joked. She laughed. "because we are" she said staring at my lips. I did the same. We both made eye contact then looked back at each other's lips and then leaned in.

*later at the party*

Everyone we've invited fortunately came. Mike, will, lucas, Dustin, maddie, Sarah, Jonathan, Nancy, Robin, Steve, Joyce and hopper obviously and a few other people we've met. Everyone went to hug her and wish her happy birthday.

We started eating. After we wanted to dance. On the dance floor. We sang and sang, all of us. Just simply having fun. I had a plan. I told the dj to put on a slow song and romantic after dancing more hype songs. I thought it would be the perfect time to propose to el.. The love of my life.

I've been stressing out all day, all week because I was afraid she would say no. We were both working a small job as we were studying in the university and I've gotten enough money to buy her a ring.

The slow song came. We danced a little. All of the couples did. None of them knew either. My heart was beating so fast. I motioned the dj to lower the volume of the music, not completely. They turned on the lights. Everyone was confused, so was el. "I have to tell you something" I said. Everyone's attention was on me.

I took a deep breath. "el my love.. I wish you happy birthday, to always be happy, healthy.. I am so glad you're in my life. You're the love of my life, we've been together for.. Like 7 years now. We fell in love at 15.. I've loved you since the day I met you" I started saying. I felt myself getting emotional.

El's eyes were in awe. "I am so glad I have you in my life and I can't imagine my life without you.. You saved me in so many ways, I care about you so much, I would die for you and I wish we stay together for life.. you're kind, sweet, so innocent, protective, beautiful, gorgeous and you're.. You're perfect! In and out and I love you so much.. So much it drives me crazy and.. "I said as we made eye contact the whole time.

Her eyes started to get watery. "and I would.. Love you to be my wife" I said. I only told a guy who works there and passed me the ring box since I was wearing a dress and had no pockets.

Everyone gasped realising what was about to happen. So did el. She covered her mouth in disbelief. "Willl you marry me El Jane hopper?" I asked getting on one knee. "awww" everyone said. El started to tear up. "Yes!!" she said smiling. I stood back up and put on the ring. My heart was beating fast. I was so nervous but excited. She said yes!!! I smiled relieved.

She was crying. Happy tears. I got emotional too. "YESSSS" Robin yelled excitedly. "woooo" everyone cheered. I knew Robin would react like that to be honest. She's such a fan girl.

We kissed. We both smiled through the kiss. Then we hugged. "I love you" she whispered as we were hugging. "I love you too" I whispered back hugging her tightly.

After all those years. I am so in love with her. I knew I loved this girl the moment I met her. I've always dreamt of marrying her in the future. I wanted to spend my life with her she's the only one I want..the only person I love, admire, adore and many more. It started with just "my feeling for her" a crush and it ended with a long lasting couple. And I just asked her to be my wife..its crazy how things turned out and changed like that. She saved my life.. we've been through so many stuff together. Good and bad. Yet, we are still strong in a healthy relationship and I couldn't be happier. I was so lucky and happy.. My love for her will never end..

!!!THE END!!!
⬇️Scroll down on the next part for a few author words I wrote for you.⬇️