Chapter 22: Max.. What Did You Do?

Max's pov

It was 10 pm. I woke up early. El was still sleeping. Hopper left for work. I watched some TV and then I looked out of the window. I missed skateboarding so I decided to go to the park to skate a bit. I left a note for El, so she knows where I went.

El's pov

It was 12 pm. Max wasn't next to me. I looked around the cabin. She's not at home. I began to worry until I saw a not on the table just as I was about to eat cereal. She said she went to the skate park. I wanted to join her. Of course I had no idea where the skate park was and I had no one to drive me there so I called Steve. "hey Steve, are you busy at the moment?" I asked him through the phone. "uh, not really I'm just here with Robin, why?" Steve said. "uh, I just want you to drive me somewhere, I want to see max, I don't know where the park is" I said. I heard Robin laughing in the backround. "ooooo you want to see maxinee" I heard her mocking me. She never stopped doing this, she likes mocking our relationship for fun but we've gotten used to it. I just rolled my eyes. "ignore her, okay I guess I can come" Steve said. "thank you soo much" I said happily. "no problem" Steve replied.

Robin's pov

"you really are Steve the mom aren't you?" I said mocking him. "I'm not a mom, I'm just being friendly, she just asked for a ride" he replied annoyed. "yeah yeah okay" I said laughing. He rolled his eyes annoyed. "okay whatever, I gotta go cya" "cya moma Steve" I said. He threw a donut he was eating. "oh come on Steve, I could have eaten that" I said sadly. "well, then stop calling me momma Steve" he said. "hm, can't promise that" I said. He just stared at me for a second and without saying anything he left.

El's pov

Steve finally arrived. He took me to the park. I thanked him and got out of the car. I looked around to find max. What I saw what unexpected though. I saw max kissing... Lucas? My eyes immediately got watery. My heart was broken in million pieces. I slowly walked over to them still shocked and heart broken. "max?" I said quietly. They both turned around. Max looked more scared than lucas. "El? It's not what you think, he kissed me-" max siad trying to explain herself. I was so mad and sad that I couldn't hear a word from her. "no, you're lying" I said sobbing. "I'm not lying -" she said tears in her eyes. "no-you are-" I sobbed. "you are-" I kept saying that. I was looking right at her while doing so. I couldn't believe it. "El-I swear to god, I'm not lyi-" I cut her off. "you are" I said a bit louder than before, still sobbing. "and-I- I trusted you" I said still shocked and I couldn't stop crying. I immediately turned around and ran. I didn't know where to go. I just ran in the woods. Max was screaming and calling my name as I was leaving but I ignored her. Thank god I had my walkie with me. I called Steve to see if he can bring me back. I didn't want an explanation, I know what I saw. I couldn't think straight at that moment.

Steve's pov

"yeah so, remember zoe from-" Robin was talking to me about funny things in her life. So did I. Untill I heard someone talking in my walkie. It was El. "El? Is that you?" I asked confused. "hey-uh, yeah it's m-me" El said. She sounded... Upset. Like she's crying. "El? You don't sound good, are you okay? Are you crying" I asked worried. Robin looked at me worried as well. "no, it's just-I saw max and-l-lucas, can you just pick me up please" El said. Me and Robin's jaws dropped. "wait you mean, they were kissi-" Robin cut me off. "you idiot" she whispered slapping my hand. "ow- uh-yeah- I'll come-ill be there in 10"i minutes" I said. " I can't believe max did that" Robin said still shocked. "I mean, maybe it was an accident or something, I should go" I said trying to get there as soon as possible. "wait, I'll come with you" Robin said. I nodded and we headed outside.

El's pov

I hid somewhere so no one finds me. I told Steve I'm somewhere behind the park. I could hear max calling me, trying to find me. I couldn't face her so of course I ignored her. Every time she called my name, one tear fell over and over again. It hurts so bad. Not sure who kissed who but it's still heartbreaking. I can't believe max did this. Max has gone away. I could hear her yelling to lucas but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I don't care anyways. All I was thinking about is to go home. Suddenly when I checked that no one was in the park I went to sit on a bench. Max left, so did lucas. I waited patiently for Steve to come get me since Hopper is still at work. He'll be working at night as well today. After a few minutes Steve had finally arrived. He was with Robin as well. They ran to me worried. My face was red and my eyes still watery. "are you okay?" Steve and Robin asked at the same time. "no I just had the worst day ever" I said quietly. "okay, how about we go to my house and we'll talk about it, you can stay over as well if its okay with hopper" robin said as she sat next to me. She put her hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I just nodded. "alright, I'll call hopper, I'll be back" Robin said. Steve just stood there awkwardly. I know he cares about all of us, even though we pretty much annoy him. He's like our baby sitter but I know he loves us deep down. He didn't know how else to comfort me so he just hugged me. I hugged back of course. I needed a hug. I started crying again. "hey, it's okay" he kept saying. Steve was trying to comfort me. I know he doesn't know what to do in these kinds of situations but he helped me at least a little. Robin came back hopper agreed and we got into Steve's car. Then Robin took me to her home.

Max's pov

As I was peacefully skating in the skate park lucas came. I've missed skating so I decided to go to the park. I already left a note for El, to let her know where I was. I greeted him normally, like a good friend but then he did something very strange which ruined everything. As we were talking he suddenly kissed me. Before I got the chance to pull away El saw us. I didn't kiss back of course. I was shocked and confused. But looks like El thinks I kissed back just because I stood there shocked. I tried telling her and explaining myself but of course she didn't believe me. She ran away in the woods. She was too fast that I lost her. I kept calling her name. Nothing. I got back, crying and so mad at lucas for doing that. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?? DO YOU REALISE WHAT YOU JUST DID?" I yelled at him. He looked confused. "I don't know,im sorry I didn't mean to, I mean we used to date and I thought that-" I cut him off. "no lucas, I'm into girls, why the hell would you think that's a good idea??! Iove El, not you. Just as a friend!! I can't believe you" i was so upset and mad. He was speechless. He didn't know what to say or do. I immediately left. I got on my skate board. I went over at el's cabin hoping she was there. She wasnt. I called every party member. None of them knew where she was. I'm quite sure I won't go back to the cabin tonight after what happened. But my main problem is that I lost the love of my life. When I told Mike what happened he told me to come over and that I could stay the night. I went over. I was shaking and I couldn't stop crying. And surprisingly Mike comforted me. Even though lucas is his friend he didn't like what he did. "where else would she be? I called everyone" I said quietly trying to stop crying. "I don't know, did you call anyone other than the party?" Mike asked me. "no" I said. "how about Steve or Robin" Mike said. "why would she be with Steve?" I said. He shrugged. "do you think she might be there?" i said. "I don't know maybe, should I call him?" Mike asked. I nodded.

Robin's pov

El was laying on my lap, still crying. I comforted her. Steve decided to stay for a bit. She explained what happened. "so you're not sure she was the one who was kissing him?" I asked still processing what's happening. I couldn't believe max. I never thought she was capable of cheating. "I don't know, she still kissed him, she would pull away immediately" she said sadly. "did you see how long it lasted or?" I asked. "no I just saw them kissing as soon as I went in the park, I didn't get the chance to see who kissed first and all but it hurts..." she said starting to cry again. "hey, it's fine, I'm sure she didn't mean to, it'll be fine, I'm not defending her I'm just saying" I said. She nodded. Suddenly the phone rang. Steve got there to answer. It was max asking where El was and if she's here with Steve. He mouthed telling us who it was. "give me the phone" I said and Steve did as told. "hey, max". "hey, please is El there? I really need to talk to her, what she saw it wasn't what it looked like, lucas kissed me-" she said desperately sounding upset. I kept looking at El the entire time. We had eye contact. "can you please let me talk to her?" max asked. "Wanna talk to her?" I asked quietly. Apparently max heard it. "El? She's there, please El let me explain"ax tried." just hang up, I don't wanna talk to her" she said. "she doesn't want to talk to you max, we gotta go" I said. "no! Don't go-" I saw the hurt in el's eyes so I immediately hung up. I trust max, but I don't know who to believe at the moment. I comfort El since she's the one who had gotten cheated on. I wouldn't want to talm to her as well if I was her. She deserves an explanation from max but just not right now.

Max's pov

I was begging Robin to let me talk to her but El doesn't want to. My heart broke. I just broke down while mike was next to me, listening to everything. "are you sure you didn't kiss back" he randomly asked. I turned to look at him. "Mike.. Now you don't believe either?" I said. "no, no I believe you, how about we go to sleep and we'll go talk to her tomorrow alright?" Mike said. I just nodded knowing I can't go since its night. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about what happened. On my way to the bathroom I found Nancy on the corridor." hey max, did El talk to you " I shook my head." I really have to talk to her"i said." hey can you please drive me there " I said." I-I'm not sure-"
" please, it won't take long, I really want to talk to her"i said. "okay, let's go" Nancy said. I just put on my jeans with a yellow t shirt and put on my shoes. All I cared about is El. I kept thinking about her the entire day. I didn't stop not for even one second. We went over at Robin's house. Robin was the one who opened the door." what are you doing here, its literally 1 am" Robin said sleepy. "well, ask max, she desperately wants to talk to El" Nancy said. "well, El doesn't want to talk to you, didn't I tell you that before, it's el's choice and since you cheated on her-" I cut her off.
"goddammit, I didn't cheat on her! Lucas randomly kissed me!!" I said upset, no one believed me. Of course they don't. "Robin just let us in, you know she won't stop talking until we do" Nancy said. Robin let us in. El was sleeping on the couch. Her face filled with tears. Oh god, she must have been crying the entire day.

2205, sorry for not updating recently