Chapter 10:Board Games Night

Max's pov

After Dustin's idea, Joyce recommended we all stay the night here so we can hang out tomorrow to do have the picnic. We asked our parents and they agreed. Well my mom always says yes, she doesn't care at all. We all sat down to play board games
. Even Nancy, Jonathan, Steve and Robin. We had a great time after what just happened. I was happy and relieved I came out to them. I honestly didn't know I had feelings for El. I refused to admit it and believe it. Now she knows, everyone does. I don't know what I'll do. She will see me differently now. So far, we act like nothing happened. She didn't mention anything so far which I'm glad. I know I will get rejected but it was gonna happen eventually anyways. She had to find out. El was sitting next to me while we were playing. We couldn't stop laughing because Dustin and Lucas kept arguing and complaining how they keep losing. We were separated in teams. That's the game's rules. We were playing monopoly. But since we were a lot of people we had to play in teams. Dustin was with Lucas, Mike with Will, Nancy with Jonathan, Steve with Robin and me and El. I had my hands on my lap while playing and laughing. We were having so much fun. I'm so glad they're still my friends. True friends. I suddenly felt a hand slipped to mind under the table. El was the only one sitting next to me. She hold my hand under the table. I was shocked by this. I know she wants us to stay just friends, well she didn't say anything but she has feelings for Mike. I was blushing hard. I immediately calmed down so no one noticed fortunately. My heart was racing fast and felt butterflies in my stomach. Apparently it was me and el's turn to play. "um, you throw the dices this time" I told her trying to look cool. She squeezed my hand while holding it and nodded. She threw them and we continued playing. Robin must have noticed I've been quiet for a minute. Ahd looked down the table and saw our hands. El let go noticing Robin who smirked at us. "what are you doing Robin" Steve asked confused. "oh um, nothing something fell on the ground I got it" she said cooly. I felt embarrassed but El was the one who started holding hands with me. I didn't want to touch her hug her or do anything after i came out to not make her uncomfortable but she made the move and I didn't refuse. We continued playing. Everyone was going upstairs to get ready to sleep. El was already going up the stairs. Robin grabbed my hand. She smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. "what do you want?" I asked her already knowing why she's smirking. "I saw you two lovebirds earlier" she said still smirking. "we're not together she's straight and in love with Mike" I told her. "hmmm doesn't look like it" she said. "what?!" I asked. "who started holding first?!" she asked. "why do you care so much Robin?" I asked her annoyed. "just curious, my gaydar turned out correct and I feel proud" she said smiling. "well congratulations I guess" I mocked her. She laughed. "sooo? Who started it?" she asked again. I rolled my eyes and gave her a 'are you serious' look. "she did while we were playing, I had my right hand on my lap and I suddenly felt someone holding my hand that's all" I said cooly. I don't wanna get my hopes up. "ooooooo I knew it, she's into you" she said smirking. "no she's not it's a friendly one, don't get my hopes up, it's not worth it" I told her. "why are you so negative are blind or something?!" she said. I paused for a second. "idk she's straight" I still denied it cause I don't wanna get hurt when she rejects me. "oh god, okay whatever you say you'll thank me later I know how it goes you'll see, good luck" she said. Before I could respond she already left the room. I just stood there confused. I walked upstairs lost in my thoughts. I accidentally barged on El. "oh shit sorry I didn't see where I was going" I apologised. "it's fine" she laughed. I laughed back. All of us except the older teens slept on the floor on our blankets. I was next to El. She suddenly started cuddling with me. I didn't let go, I wanted to because it hurts to know its just a friendly one and I feel like she's playing with my feelings. I refuse to believe she might feel the same. She got on top of me, her head on my neck hugging me like a Teddy bear. I was blushing hard. Thank god it was dark so no one noticed. I noticed, Will holding Mike's hand.I Was confused to be honest. I knew Will wasn't straight but of course I didn't mention anything. I feel like he has a crush on Mike. Me and Will were the ones jealous over Mike's and El's relationship. For some reason Mike didn't pull away, maybe he was asleep I don't know. I was moslty focused on the teddy bear on me. I finally fell asleep.

906 words