Chapter 11: Picnic Day

Will's pov

I woke up first. Me, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, El and Max were sleeping on the floor in the living room. Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan, Steve, Robin were passing by since we're downstairs to have breakfast and everything. They were all sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast. Hopper told me to wake the others up but Joyce convinced him to let them sleep a little bit longer. I stood up still sleepy. I walk past El. And I see her on the ground. I wasn't fully awake and turned around. "where's Max, did she get up?"i asked not noticing Max was under El. They all laughed." what?! "I asked confused. " look again" Joyce said laughing and pointing at El. I turned around to see why they're laughing confused. I saw El on top of Max cuddling. El is like a Teddy bear. It was cute. I looked at them a little shocked for a second and laughed with them. "okay we saw that too" I said. The adults laughed again. "okay we need to stop laughing we'll wake them up" Hopper said trying to stop laughing. "we haven't done a sleepover in a while"i said while eating cereal with the others." yeah what happened to you all? " Well, Mike and El were hanging out together alone they barely hanged out with us and we somehow splited a bit, but we didn't argue or anything everything's okay" I said. "so, is El still together with Mike" Hopper asked curious. "are you dumb?" My mom laughed at him. "what?!" Hopper asked confused. "they had an argument yesterday and broke up" My mom told him. "oh thank god, I can't stand that kid he was indeed in our cabin 24/7 he's pissing me off, we got rid of him" Hoper said laughing. "well, not for too long" my mom said pointing at the girls laughing. "they're together?" Hopper asked. "we don't know but i think it's obvious they have feelings, I mean we know Max has so far" my mom told him. Me Nancy and the others stopped eating interesting to see what Hopper will say. "are you mad?" my mom asked him softly. "no, not at all, if she treats her right and El is happy I am too" he said smiling. We all sighed relieved by his answer. He at least supports El that's a big step if she has feelings for Max. "okay, did she tell you anything about Max" my mom asked. "no, she doesn't really talk to me about personal stuff, wouldn't she tell me though?" Hopper asked confused. "no, she's probably scared" Robin said. "scared of what?" he asked. "telling you, people like us are scared people will hate or not love us anymore" she said quietly. "wait you're..?" my mom asked. Robin nodded. "why do you think Max ran away the second Mike said those things she was scared we wouldn't love her anymore, I know how it feels, unfortunately my family doesn't accept me" Robin said sadly at the end. "what did your parents do?" my mom asked her. "if you want to talk about it of course" she said. "it's fine I can tell you, I was 15 I realised I like girls and I told them but they started hitting me, yelling at me and kicked me out, I had to work somewhere to get money while staying at my ex girlfriend's house. Fortunately her parents were nice and they accepted her and they of course let me stay with them I'll never forget what they did to me. Now that I'm 18 I was working since I was 15 to get money and I got my own apartment " Robin told us her story. " oh I'm so sorry about that, I'm glad your ex girlfriend's parents helped you " my mom told her hugging her. " I can't believe that, do some parents actually treat their kids like that? "my mom said annoyed. We all nodded. " I won't let that happen to Max, her story sounds familiar to yours Robin " Hopper said. Someone suddenly interrupted our conversation." can you stop talking " Dustin complained. We all laughed and stopped. Dustin got up and accidentally stepped on Luca's hand. Lucas screamed waking up the others." jesus Dustin don't you see where you're going!!" Luca's yelled at him "jeez sorry" Dustin apologised. Mike got up too. The 3 boys are sitting on the floor still sleepy. "where's Max?" Dustin and Lucas asked confused. The adults started laughing and pointed at El. The boys realised and laughed too. Dustin though laughed a bit louder and woke up El. She got up, her arm resting on Max's chest while she looked around half asleep. She saw us laughing and mumbled something apparently not fully awake. She fell down on Max's chest again. Max opened her eyes for a second. She saw us all looking at them, confused trying to process what's going on. "how are you two always the last ones awake?" Dustin asked laughing. Max didn't reply and rubbed her eyes. She went to get up but forgot she had El on her. She had a weird confused expression on her face. We all laughed of her confused face. She turned to look at us in the table with the adults. " yeah you have a Teddy bear on you, you can't get up" Hopper said laughing. She stared at us confused. "oh right" she said laughing too. "can you stop laughing" El mumbled. That made us laugh even more. "can someone make her wake up, my shoulder hurts a bit" max said. "well you had her on you all night what did you expect" My mom said laughing. Max rolled her eyes playfully. "ohh I have an idea" Hopper said. "hey elll I made eggos will you come" he said. "what?!" she got up resting her arm on Max again. She saw max confused and then at us. "good morning sleepy head" max mocked her. "shut up" El said playfully. We were laughing so much this morning I don't know what happened to us but it was fun. El finally got up. "sorry if I crashed you" El apologised to max. "no you definitely didn't" Lucas mocked her. We all laughed again. "it's fine" max replied. "oh don't worry max, just a friendly crashing" Robin mocked. Everyone was dying laughing. Max rolled her eyes and fell on the couch like she got shot or something. El turned around to see what happened. "and she's dead" Steve joked.