1

jake sighed as he got off the subway.
today, he was meeting up with his friends for the last night before they all started college.
they were considering it a small celebration.

any other time, jake would've loved to do this but there was just something stuck in his mind and he couldn't erase it.

jake has liked someone for a long time now. and that someone is park sunghoon.

you would think this shouldn't be such a big deal but to him... it is.
sunghoon already likes someone. that person is sunoo who is also their good friend.

sunghoon hasn't admitted that he's practically in love with sunoo. but it's so obvious- everyone can tell, except for sunoo of course.

but what jake couldn't understand was, why can't sunghoon get over him already?
sunoo is dating niki now.. and he's happy with him.

jake realized that was probably a dumb thought.
he's in the same situation.
he's tried everything to get over sunghoon.
and nothing has been successful.

he's considered confessing to him but he didn't want to ruin their friendship.. he realized sunghoon probably felt the same way about sunoo.

so he's kept it inside of him since the beginning of high school. the only one who knows his secret is daniel. and that's only because he stupidly said it when he was drunk one day.

now they're starting college.
luckily, they all got the advantage to attend the same university.

___

jake walked to the restaurant that his friends had sent him, and walked inside to see daniel and jungwon already there. they seemed to be talking about something.

jake honestly wished he could be as brave as daniel -though he would never admit that to him-

daniel liked jungwon but when he confessed, nothing went bad at all. jungwon understood and told him the truth, they're still closer than ever and daniel completely got over the small crush.

well, he had to, knowing how in love jungwon is with jay and that he never had a chance.

jake pushed his thoughts to the back of his mind and walked over to the table, sitting beside daniel.

"hey jake!" jungwon grinned happily at him, showing a small wave, and jake did the same back. "hi won~ where's the others?"

"late of course. sunoo was trying to drag niki along but i had to force him not to it's supposed to be just friends! no boyfriends!" he said, trying to sound and look stern but jake thought he just looked like a cute cat.

daniel scoffed, "don't act as if you'd rather not be with jay right now"
jungwon rolled his eyes, sipping his drink. "i will not answer that."
the three boys continued talking about random stuff, mostly jungwon judging the two for the weirdest things they came up with.

sooner or later, sunghoon and sunoo walked inside.

together.

jake couldn't understand why he felt jealous or whatever it was about it- sunoo doesn't like him like that... so what was there to be upset about?

"hi my lovely friends~" sunoo smiled cutely as he took the seat beside jungwon, sunghoon followed and sat on that side too. as expected.

jake has noticed lately that sunghoon has been following sunoo around as if he were a puppy dog. he felt something else was going on and he wanted to know.. but he ignored it for the sake of his friends.

he put a smile on his face, as always. he didn't want to worry anyone even if inside he was very upset, he's become a pretty good actor over time.

___