Chapter 2 | "The letters."

PRESENT
SONG:  LO VAS A OLVIDAR - BILLIE EILISH , ROSALIA
TW!: MENTION OF ABUSE, SH , ETC!

————————

Riccardo's POV:

It's 9:32 a.m and I'm playing with Noah , Angela , Ajax and Alex hide and seek.

I'm glad it's a sunny day. And it's hot outside. Im the 'it' and I need to count to ten.

"Ten!" I said. "Are you guys ready hiding?" I shout. "Yes!" A voice said. Okay then.

I look behind the couch. "Aha! I got you!" I said and I take Ajax in my arms. "You got us." Angela said.

"Here-I handed him to her- I need to look after Noah and Alex. Stay here." I replied.

"Okay." Angela said. "I'm going to cook some cheesecake. Is that okay?" She asks.

"Yes. That's perfect." I said , leaving.

Aurora's POV:

It's so boring in this apartment. I feel like I'm in jail. I can't get out. Just evening.

And that's because I don't want people to see me. Or recognise me.

Suddenly I get a phone call. 'Noah'.

Great.

I answer. "Yes?" I said. "Aurora , tonight , while everyone is asleep I'm coming to bring you something to eat , money and clothes. Alright?" He says.

"Yeah , but why can't I come tonight at the house? I really want to see it again." I whisper.

He lets out a deep sigh. "Aurora. You know I can't."

"Noah. Please. Just tonight. While everyone is sleeping. I promise I won't stay for long."

"Fine. But not for long. You need to get back at the apartment before sunrise. Okay?"

I smile. "Okay. Deal." I replied. "Okay. See you in four hours then." And then , he hungs up.

It's 1:10 a.m and Noah opens the door for me. I light the lights and I look around.

Everything has changed. The kitchen is now the dining room and the dining room is the kitchen.

The bathroom is renovated and the living room. I wonder how the rooms from upstairs look like.

"Can I... can I go upstairs?" I ask Noah.

"Fine. But don't make any noise. Stay quiet." He whispered.

I nod and I go upstairs. The bathroom is the same. I see a door with two names on it. 'Ajax & Alex'. Their room.

I slowly open the door and my beautiful boys are sleeping. They both look like me and Riccardo.

I close their door and I make my way to Riccardo's bedroom. I mean , our old bedroom.

Riccardo is turned with his face at the door and he is sleeping.  He is half naked. I missed him. Every day. Every minute.

I slowly , make my way to him as quiet as I could and I kiss his forehead while I put my hand in his hair. "I love you." I whisper and then I close the door.

I make my way downstairs. "Here- Noah said , handing me some letters- Riccardo wrote you letters every day when he needed to talk to someone. We tried to talk to him but he 'talked' to you through letters."

"Oh god." I said , sitting on the couch. There are three boxes with letters. This woman wrote me letters every day just because he missed me.

"Open one to see." Noah said. I open a letter and I start reading.

Date: 15 December.

To: Aurora Rossi.

'Hello Aurora.. it's Riccardo.

It's been awhile since I've wrote letters. It's been two years since you're gone. Two years of torture. Two years of pain. Two years without you. The guilt is so heavy that sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry I broke my promise. It's all my fault. I carry that guilt with me everyday... I can't do it anymore , Aurora. It's so hard without you.. Every time I see your pictures on the wall , my heart aches for you. Every day. Sometimes I wonder if you saved yourself or you tried to saved me. Ajax and Alex are turning three years old in three months. They said your name. Three times. I've never been so proud of someone like them. I just wanted to tell you that I love you. I still love you. And I will always love you. More than anything. Even my whole life. I would literally die to be with you again. I love you , Aurora.'

                                                  Love , Riccardo.

"Oh my god.." I whisper. I can feel myself crying.

Noah hugs me. "Yeah. This letter was wrote two years later when he had a mental breakdown in his room. He needed to expose his thoughts with someone and you are the right person."

"How- how many letters are in here?" I ask.

"Like over one thousand." He replied. My puffy eyes widened. "Over one thousand?"

He nods.

Wow. This man still loves me.

I look at my watch.

5:42 a.m

Oh shit.

"Noah!" I whisper yelled. "What?" He replied.

"It's 5:42 a.m! I need to go home. Right now. The sunrise is at 6:23 a.m."

"Oh fuck. Let's go." He said.

Riccardo's POV:

I woke up smelling a woman perfume. Aurora's perfume.

I get up from bed and I make my way to Aurora's closet. I open it and all of her perfumes are there.

They are untouched. Then who can be?

I dress up and I go downstairs. The smell becomes stronger the most I go in the living room.

"Noah?" I ask. He turns around and nods.

"What's with this smell? It's smells like Aurora's perfume. And who was in the living room? It's a mess on the couch. And why the hell is the couch wet?" I said.

"I-uhm."

"Noah. Who the fuck was in here?" I ask again.

"No one. I promise." He said. I glare at him.

"If you say so." He gulps. "What's for breakfast?" I ask.

"Eggs with bacon and cheese. Angela cooks so good." He replied.

Yeah.

Maybe.

But , Aurora cooked better than anyone in the world.

I go to my office and my boxes with my letters are open.

But what I see is the letter that I wrote to her on 15 December is now opened.

"Noah!" I growled. "Yes?"

"Why the fuck the letter that I wrote on 15 December is opened?" I yell.

"I swear I don't know."

"Noah." I warn. "Tell me who the fuck was here?!"

"I don't know! I was asleep!"

Fine.

I will watch the camera footage today from last night then.

I'll see who the fuck was here.

—————————-

Hello!

I forgot to tell you , you know when I wrote the epilogue , I put the song everything I wanted by Billie eilish?

Yeah , well I wanted to keep the song specially for the epilogue.

I was so happy when I put it.

Chapter 3 and 4 coming out tonight!

Bye♥️