Chapter Twenty Nine: Bloody Fists and Pretty Lies

Start from the beginning

Well screw that. It didn’t matter that he was scrambling down the street pushing away people, running over kids and punching the elderly out of the way. He needed to get away fast before she caught up.

This was a mistake.

If those two were the Prince Zuko and Princess Azula then that would make the girl-

A hard heated force collided into his abdomen, sending him flying across the market and landing hard against a stack of hays.

The market erupted into a roar of chaos and confusion as the stall exploded with wisps of hay and dust.

The guards ran towards the scene, already alerted when a crazy man was seen blindly barreling through the young and elderly in the market even though there was no visible pursuer. First that scene from earlier with those kids and the watermelon vendor and now this; this was more upheaval than they’d seen in an entire week.

“Clear up!” One of the guards shouted at the citizens inching towards the dust trying to see the action.

When it all cleared up they were stunned at the sight. There was a man covered in hay pushing himself off the ground with the center of his shirt burnt off. It was an odd burn, almost as if someone kicked a fireball towards his abdomen. Directly opposite him was a young girl cracking her knuckles.

The guards exchanged a look of bewilderment. Regardless of their confusion they still stepped towards the two figures.

“Alright I don’t know what’s going on here but you’re both-”

A dark figure dropped from the rooftops, landing in front of the approaching guard. The guard staggered back upon seeing the dark uniform and the mask. This was one of the Unburnt.

“S-Sir.” He stammered, immediately bowing.

“She is Scylla, Dragoness of the Fire Lord.” His voice was deep and husky.

The city guard behind the first one had to step forward just to confirm he heard it right. “D-Did you say the Dragoness?”

Darius didn’t respond but his stance spoke volumes, if anyone stepped forward he’d

Upon hearing the guard the crowd around the scene buzzed with discord.

“He said the Dragoness?” One of the man asked out loud.

“No he said dreading eggs.” His friend replied.

“Why would he talk about eggs ya idiot.” His friend smacked him across the head.

“She’s the Dragoness?” Someone in the back asked.

The crowd pressed forward. The guards had to push them back, yelling at them to back away for their own safety but they ignored them. This was the first time the public had ever laid eyes on the Fire Lord’s Dragoness.

“Isn’t she a child?” A mother criticized.

“She looks fourteen maybe fifteen.” Another added.

“She’s hot.” One of the boys drooled, “And I mean that literally.”

The crowd gasped. There was heat flaring around her, unlike any form of bending they’d ever seen. She seemed to be the source of the heat itself.

The men collapsed onto the ground and begged her for forgiveness.

“I-I didn’t know it was them. I made a mistake it wasn’t my fault. It was that guy in the robe that-”

“What is your name?” She asked in her silvery voice. There was no condescension or even anger in her voice; it was clear cut question.

He looked up. “Jun.”